test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

possible work around for crashing issues ground and loading into space.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Well since the restart of the server yesterday I have been crashing in ground combat every 5 mins or so and also when loading into space I would appear as my ground character then after a few seconds crash to desktop.

Not sure if anyone has done this before but I turned off post processing effects in the graphics options and it seemed to fix everything.

Well for me it did lol..

the game was pretty stable before the reboot yesterday.. so not sure why this would make a difference now. but its worth a try for anyone else having issues.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ooh will try tonight, pee's me off that i have to spend 30-odd mins to get back in after the crash!
    edited January 2010
    tell me about it.

Touch wood lol i aint crashed since making the change.
    edited January 2010
    yea i did had that problem as well.. but was in kassae system.....space combat no problem... however i go to ground mission... i random crashes.....to the desktop ususally..
    edited January 2010
    have not crashed at all sincecturning post processing off.
    edited January 2010
    I'll give this a shot since I am having some serious crash issues. It's at the point where I have to do ground missions 2-3 times before I can finish without crashing.
    edited January 2010
    I've been getting quite a few ground-to-space transit crashes, myself. I'll show up as my Captain and then after a couple of second the screen will freeze, the sound will loop and the crash reporter app will come up ... sometimes it even works. :-) This has to to be some kind of state-change bug.