test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Map wrong

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
take a look at this The Island's of New Zealand are far too big and are way too high theu whould be lower down, here is what they look like and what they should look like.
THIS IS THE SHOT FROM INGAME
nzwaytohigh.jpg

AND THIS IS FROM GOOGLE MAPS

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8720/nzneedstobehere.jpg

there soputhern most tip of New Zealand needs to be lower than australia's tasmania.

also going by google maps New Zealand is close to Australia than what it shows in game..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ...really?
    edited January 2010
    Oh God give me strength!!!
    How is this a problem? We have people that cant log on, we have others that keep getting kick, plus hundreds of other things and you got to complain about how big a bloody island is.
    edited January 2010
    I like the first image better. Maybe some things have changed hundreds of years later.
    edited January 2010
    As a Kiwi im rather insulted someone's using my country as a "In episode G34D89 you got this detail wrong" topic.
    I mean really, its barely noticeable and as someone said, a country can move a lot in 200-400 years.

Guess someone was bound to make one of these topics. Its Star Trek after all still.
    edited January 2010
    1. Map projections distort. A mercator projection vs a textured and perspective rendered sphere are going to appear different. I highly doubt earth's texture map is anything more than a polished version of publicly available maps, and the difference you see is nothing but a projection distortion.

2. Who cares.
    edited January 2010
    Actually, if you look at it in Google Earth, it looks about right.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4387/australianz.jpg
    edited January 2010
    like pdehn said.. who really cares.. its not gonna hurt anyone. its like me going look the shape of michigan is not perfect.. oh noes.. lol.. really lots of better actual issues in the game to get fixed.
    edited January 2010
    The problem with his use of Google Maps is that he's looking at a flat image, not a flat image stretched over a sphere as you get with Google Earth. Look at it in Google Earth at similar orientation and the two look practically identical (hence my screenshot in the edited post).

This was a non-issue before clarification, it's STILL a non-issue now.
    edited January 2010
    take a look at this The Island's of New Zealand are far too big and are way too high theu whould be lower down, here is what they look like and what they should look like.
    THIS IS THE SHOT FROM INGAME
    nzwaytohigh.jpg

AND THIS IS FROM GOOGLE MAPS

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8720/nzneedstobehere.jpg

there soputhern most tip of New Zealand needs to be lower than australia's tasmania.

also going by google maps New Zealand is close to Australia than what it shows in game..

if u look really into you maps there is a diffenrece about australia too.. so the earthmap ingame abolutly fits... there is no problem at all!
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    LMAO @ original poster..... u sat there in space haha... god i cant take it hahahaa and so u sat theree.... and stared at the earth n compared it to google earth... u sad person lol

But this has made my day lolol
    edited January 2010
    Wow All you need now is a Google Earth type program that can calculate the Plate tectonics and Volcanic activity so you can predict how the Earth will look in 300 years. Then you can create the Earth to perfect satisfaction and give the program to Cryptic for free so we can all benefit. ;)
    edited January 2010
    When you fit the curvature of the earth (Unless your a firm believer that the world is flat of course) New Zealand is in about the right place I would think.
    edited January 2010
    Even if I'm wrong about it being in the wrong place, the scale of NZ is too big. With all the other graphics look so good why skimp out on the earth and make it look like TRIBBLE.
    edited January 2010
    Because No One Cares About New Zealand And Their Hobbits.