test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intermittant: Pressing <Enter> key minimizies/maximizes the game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
At times, the game stops accepting keyboard commands (can't use hotkeys), and Pressing <Enter> key minimizies/maximizes the game. When this happens, I can click in the chatbox and type messages. Pressing enter at that point sends the chat and minimizes the game. I swapped out the keyboard with another I have on hand, and even purchased a new keyboard, but the problem persists. Logging out and logging back in fixes the issue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had that too and I suspect its a windows 7 problem.
    edited January 2010
    Chnmmr wrote: »
    I had that too and I suspect its a windows 7 problem.

Happens to me on Vista also. 32 bit in case it matters.

Wouldn't be such a problem if it didn't crash the game each time I exit fullscreen.

It even happens when I unbind the window/ffullscreen hotkey and even before I am able to log in (busy servers).
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like the game (or Windows) thinks you're hitting ALT. I'd say that your key was stuck except you said that you changed keyboards. Might be a sticky key situation (Windows option, not something actually sticking). Do you use ALT while fighting at all?
    edited January 2010
    Riamus wrote: »
    Sounds like the game (or Windows) thinks you're hitting ALT. I'd say that your key was stuck except you said that you changed keyboards. Might be a sticky key situation (Windows option, not something actually sticking). Do you use ALT while fighting at all?

No, I don't use any modifiers right now and I don't have sticky keys enabled. I wasn't sure if this was an issue with the game or my PC, so I decided to post.