test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't run while inventory is up.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Subject says it all. Inventory up, no run. Inventory closed, run like the wind--for three seconds, until you're pooped.

Does everyone in Starfleet smoke?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have noticed when my inventory is up the arrow keys move a white box around in the inventory instead of moving my character. I haven't tried the WASD keys or holding both mouse buttons to see if I still move though so I don't know if it is isolated to just the arrow keys or all forms of movement.
    edited January 2010
    Methos5000 wrote: »
    I have noticed when my inventory is up the arrow keys move a white box around in the inventory instead of moving my character. I haven't tried the WASD keys or holding both mouse buttons to see if I still move though so I don't know if it is isolated to just the arrow keys or all forms of movement.

Kinda stinks if you're left-handed. I use the numpad for WASD etc, and being that my thumb is right on the directionals, I use those for other functions...including run. Must be what's happening.
    edited January 2010
    heathenish wrote: »
    Kinda stinks if you're left-handed. I use the numpad for WASD etc, and being that my thumb is right on the directionals, I use those for other functions...including run. Must be what's happening.

Yeah, I am left handed too, I never tried using that setup, I always just used arrow keys to move. Granted my hand is moving all over the board during combat but it works for me, I might have to try giving the keypad setup a try though.

Also I just checked, WASD and the mouse movement options and they work fine, just the arrow keys don't work :(
    edited January 2010
    Methos5000 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am left handed too, I never tried using that setup, I always just used arrow keys to move. Granted my hand is moving all over the board during combat but it works for me, I might have to try giving the keypad setup a try though.

Also I just checked, WASD and the mouse movement options and they work fine, just the arrow keys don't work :(

Yeah, the nice thing about the numpad is there are a lot more keys to bind than the directionals. I have 7&9 as throttle up/down in ship and target next/previous enemy on the ground, for instance. The enter key is jump, plus sign's target nearest enemy, divide is interact, 0's auto-run, etc.

But I know that once you're used to a setup, it's nearly impossible to change it. ;)