test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers went down

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just giving the Dev's a heads up, the servers went down after a few minutes of gameplay. You guys are probably aware of it, but I just thought that I'd give you a heads up just in case.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Same here, I was creating a character and it kicked me out. Now when I try to login, it just says "Logging into server" and eventually times out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it says the servers are down on my launcher they up or down ???? lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My guess is down, soon this place will be a flood...:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Its probably already a flood people are just trying to find a place to rant and rave and nerdout :D We did just crash the game with an influx of logins they should be happy lol now the DEVs have more work to do to fix :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Servers are down here, as well.

You know what would be helpful? Some kind of "current status" page or blog or post or something where we can all see the current status of the servers. Are they up? Are they down? If so, how long?

Get with the program, Cryptic. I know this is a beta, but your game comes out in less than 2 weeks, so you really need to step it up here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    45 seconds is all i got to play then poof. i really dont ever get to play that much hopefully it will be resoled before i get my copy in the mail
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, killed 4 Orions, then poof.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    123489 wrote:
    45 seconds is all i got to play then poof. i really dont ever get to play that much hopefully it will be resoled before i get my copy in the mail

This is Beta, and they really are trying something new here putting everything on one big server. They should have most of these types of issues solved long before release.

I for one really want to get back at it...I miss my ship...sigh
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    a hour ago the launcher connected, now there is a server down massage, i hope today i can play better than yesterday... it was terrible to play... and really it looks more like an alpha than a beta version... but the game has potential to be very good...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Servers are not supposed to be back up for at least another hour, and thats being optmistic.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I know its a beta but its just upsetting that i never really get to play with work and all and when i come home the servers are down half the night.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I haven't even been able to log in yet, but first I got a long wait for the login server followed by a timeout message. Now when I try to log in I'm getting this message "Account Error - Please contact Billing Support".....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same here in Germany. Servers are down when I try to log in I get the message "Account Error - Please contact Billing Support".
    when will the servers are back up?
    The Playtime yesterday was terribel. Very Lag´gy, often the server connection lost, long time waiting to re-log-in. i hope after the beta there will be more than one server, or a better one!

greatings from here, DingoRE
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DingoRE wrote: »
    same here in Germany. Servers are down when I try to log in I get the message "Account Error - Please contact Billing Support".
    when will the servers are back up?
    The Playtime yesterday was terribel. Very Lag´gy, often the server connection lost, long time waiting to re-log-in. i hope after the beta there will be more than one server, or a better one!

greatings from here, DingoRE

there's only 1 sever for everyone just lots of parallel instances for each map

the simply fix is MOAR SERVER POWER MOAR MOAR MOAR !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Guess were gonna have to wait
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh Gawd, these servers are seeing more up and down action than, Oh Gawd, a couple of teens on pron night...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "Emergenca Maintance
    STO is being brought down fpr emergency maintenance. we ar trying to get the shard up as soons as possible.
    Please keep an aye here for more details, and to be advised when the servers are back up!
    Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team"

€: Servers seams to be online...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Welcome to Beta.