Rubberbanding!

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Very bad. Game now unplayable for me.
    edited January 2010
    I've been playing for an hour and it's nothing but rubberbanding. Please fix this, or at least post something ACKNOWLEDGING it! Keeping us in the dark does NOTHING (except keep us ****ed off). ;)
    edited January 2010
    Lag and loading time should be priority one at this point. I for one am amazed at the lag when these shards are only supporting maybe 50 players? The combat instances look to be about 17. The biggest thing for me right now is the amount of time spent loading between instances. The inital client DL was nearly 8 gig. Why does it need to load so much so often?
    edited January 2010
    indeed, completely unplayable atm when im writing this
    edited January 2010
    Same here, ground mission are unplayably bad presently.
    edited January 2010
    This issue has been getting worse for me all day, so it may be due to server load.
    edited January 2010
    Totally unplayable, glitchyness galore
    edited January 2010
    WarBird69 wrote: »
    Getting a ton of rubberbanding in all areas of the game: ground, space, and sector space. I'll run/move forward then "bounce back" 50 yards or more. Just started happening today.

This is on top of the nearly unbearable lag while in a space station.

Same here.
    edited January 2010
    Same.. Getting some bad rubberbanding, then lost my connection to the game server.
    edited January 2010
    I too have had rubberbanding and lag. I must say however, that the server ran smotth for until about 8pm GMT+1 (11am PST). Before that I had no lag and quick laoding times in all areas!
    edited January 2010
    same for me, its utterly anoying
    edited January 2010
    Well, now I can't even log in, so the rubberbanding is less of an issue.
    edited January 2010
    Yep alot of rubberbanding and getting disconnected after doing a mission.
    edited January 2010
    Just saw on the game they taking the shard down for maintance so hopefully this fixs the rubber banding an sever dissconncts that i have had all day today :(
    edited January 2010
    same problem here..of course thats been happening since closed beta
    edited January 2010
    Same here, and I get the famous Map Not Accepting Logins now, cannot get back in
    edited January 2010
    This rubberbanding is out of control! But not like fun out of control like an awesome 21st birthday party in Vegas. It is un-fun out of control, like flesh eating bacteria or pancreatic cancer.
    edited January 2010
    Servers down for Maintenance now hopefully it will all be fixed after this.

Thread here about the Server Maintenance: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1410411#post1410411
    edited January 2010
    all of the lag/ rubber banding i encountered today was in int ground the space was very playable but the ground game wasn't
    edited January 2010
    C'mon, have fun with it. It's still WAY better than yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_O5CdS9cI

I dig rubberbanding over server drops every five minutes any day.

*really do want it fixed, but I trust Cryptic to get to it with the awesome job they did yesterday.
    edited January 2010
    I only just started having rubberbanding today. Otherwise I've not had any lag issues. Occasionally I've had to wait a few extra seconds for equipped items to actually show up on the character, but other than that it's been smooth sailing.
    edited January 2010
    Missions and walking round SF HQ was a chore and a half. Took a break from the game in hope the the problem will be fixed.
    edited January 2010
    Tonight was my first time playing, lots of rubber banding experienced. It was horrible about 15-30 minutes before the server went down. I couldn't run 15 feet without being warped back every 3 out of 4 times. This was usually accompanied by "Server Timed Out" or some type of red warning message. Hopefully this problem will be resolved quicker than SOE resolved it in SWG. :eek:
    edited January 2010
    I have been getting a weird rubberbanding problem since after Thursday's closed beta. When I just log into sector space, I see everyone around me in real time doing things, and I get chat in real time, but if I try to do anything myself I rubberband. Typically sometimes I can get almost half way across a sector and I will get back to where I was originally.

It is really annoying, changing instances can sometimes fix this, if the lag isn't tough enough to not allow me to do that. Its really frustrating and some lag is understandable, but I just hope its fixed by release.
    edited January 2010
    WarBird69 wrote: »
    Getting a ton of rubberbanding in all areas of the game: ground, space, and sector space. I'll run/move forward then "bounce back" 50 yards or more. Just started happening today.

This is on top of the nearly unbearable lag while in a space station.

same for me...cannot play because of it.