test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at Sol system loading screen permanently

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have been stuck at the loading screen for Sol system since before the server restart last night. I have
re-logged multiple times and have waiting on that screen for as long as 30 mins.

There anyway I can get a get out of limbo push from a dev/admin? :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Only fix is lowering video setting to minimum if that doesn't work... enjoy playing the tutorial over and over for now.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My suggestion would be that the loading screen let you know if you've been disconnected or if it's not actually doing anything.

Right now it'll let you wait indefinitely long after it's failed to load or connect.

On top of this, it can't be cancelled or quit. You have to control+alt+delete to close the game down and retry.

My suggestion would be to give it an optional "cancel" button that shows up if the connection drops or a period of time elapses. It could either dump you back to login, or ideally, whatever location you just came from. Either is better than being left permanently in limbo.

Also, as has been mentioned, you can't even submit a bug report from the load screen. Perhaps that could be added to make sure devs become aware of things like this?

I'll just add that my character is also permanently stuck loading sirius sector each time i log in with him, and there's currently no way to avoid or stop it. Definitiely something that needs to be urgently looked into.