test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vega bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Vega Ground Mission in Tutorial. After accepting the first ground mission the screen switched me to the instance screen. All the pictorial was fine and the 'tips' kept appearing at the bottom (which I liked) but the loading bar under the name stopped halfway and the mission failed to load. ESC did not get me out (waited about 5 min) so I used Task Manager to get back to deskstop. Then re-entered game and appeared on the planet and mission began properly. More as I find them.

Note: I started to try the bug report when I got back in but there was a lot going on in the mission and it was late so I thought I would stick it here. Doesn't seem major, just time consuming and annoying.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i had the same problem.
    edited January 2010
    Well at least you got down there. I tried this now several times with at least 4 charakter and alwas got an critical error.
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the same problem, instance bar loads completly then the game hangs on that screen, though the animation of the transporter, adn messsages across the bottom continue.

No where to report it as a bug either... so this is my attempt at such.

Game hung, critical, can't beam down to Vega.
    edited January 2010
    I am stuck with the loading screen, have been for 35 mins. Any idea how to fix this? BTW, there is no probs with broadband and computer.
    edited January 2010
    Prob is I got the problem with every char....no matter which race or suit style or offic/tac/tech. played the game to this point now 9 times... prob is i cant get further in the game :(
    edited January 2010
    Irulan wrote:
    Prob is I got the problem with every char....no matter which race or suit style or offic/tac/tech. played the game to this point now 9 times... prob is i cant get further in the game :(

I haven't experienced this issue, so perhaps it is hardware related.
    edited January 2010
    The problem is not hardware for me, I believe... it's a new computer with updated drivers.
    edited January 2010
    I got down, but not in character form...my ship was cruising around the ground for half a minute. :)
    edited January 2010
    jurgenheph wrote: »
    I got down, but not in character form...my ship was cruising around the ground for half a minute. :)

I have had similar problems and I cannot recall where but when reporting the bug I noticed a string that mentioned keeping all your graphics settings set to low would help alleviate that issue for the time being until they get a workaround.
    edited January 2010
    GeneS wrote:
    I'm having the same problem, instance bar loads completly then the game hangs on that screen, though the animation of the transporter, adn messsages across the bottom continue.

No where to report it as a bug either... so this is my attempt at such.

Game hung, critical, can't beam down to Vega.

Just encountered the same on my first attempt... :(