test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crash: Warp (Transition screen) Sol System

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After meeting up at the Federation Rally Point, we destroyed Cubes and Spheres. I warped finding myself in state of hearing Startrek music loop, Read scrolling text at the screen, and Task Manager is reporting Star Trek online is running.

The percentage bar at the top is around 75% complete. :eek: And will not move any further.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem in the same place. Logging back in and trying again has the same result - just sits at around 75%.
    edited January 2010
    Me too, relogging hasn't helped me.
    My bar might be more than 75%.

Marytha
    edited January 2010
    I have exactly the same issue, there even seem to be some sounds like when someone is using a console, therefore I believe the game basically has everything loaded including my position ingame but I'm not able to see it.

My progress bar is eiter at roughly 98% or even finished..... :-S I have my game still open, but nothing changes....
    Btw. this is even my second char I'm trying this with. (thought the first time that rerolling at this point would be a faster option than troubling someone from the support)
    edited January 2010
    I've forced "Close" STO, reloaded it, progress bar quickly gets to 75% and stops.

I'm not sure of the Game structure at this time but I am assuming that the SOL System server is down.
    edited January 2010
    Ok.... my second char hinted that it is a system related issue.... reducing graphics to a minimum did actually fix it.

Might help you guys as well....
    edited January 2010
    I am having the same issue. I now have 2 characters stuck trying to load the Sol system.
    edited January 2010
    I regularly get hung up at loading screens and have to relog. Up until now killing the process and logging back in has always fixed it. But currently I keep hanging half way through loading sector space for the abandoned ship quest. No amount of relogging seems to help.

Can't continue with that character. Not sure what to do other than delete or play the other toon.

The load screen hangs have to be addressed.
    edited January 2010
    Same issue here-endlessly loading into the Sol system the headquarters.
    edited January 2010
    Stuck on sol loading too... :(

Tried restarting twice... no luck.
    edited January 2010
    Cant load in myself..just..sits there.

Weee..
    edited January 2010
    Almost 2 hours later, after 3 forced STO kills and a system reboot, I'm still stuck. Looks like a roll back is needed. :eek::eek::eek:
    edited January 2010
    I am getting the same problem as well. I restarted the client multiple times with not luck. I even waited about 15 minutes on the damn screen, just in case. Still no result. At which point I rolled another character and the same thing happened.

UPDATE:
    So I tried setting my graphics all the way down, as mentioned earlier in this thread, and that worked completely. I suggest doing the same for you folks having this problem
    edited January 2010
    Hey there. I was having the same issue so I turned down my video settings and it worked. On the log in screen, click options, go to video options, and turn everything on to minimum. After doing this I was able to get into the Sol system without any issues. I'm afraid to turn my video back up so if someone else wants to give it a shot, good luck :P
    edited January 2010
    I have been trying to get to Sol System for the past 4 hrs, I even log out and waited 30 mins and relog in. hopefully they will fix it by tomorrow if not I'll just keep trying.:confused:
    edited January 2010
    Turning down your vid options works so solve this.
    edited January 2010
    Kelstrum wrote: »
    Hey there. I was having the same issue so I turned down my video settings and it worked. On the log in screen, click options, go to video options, and turn everything on to minimum. After doing this I was able to get into the Sol system without any issues. I'm afraid to turn my video back up so if someone else wants to give it a shot, good luck :P

Yup, this worked for me as well, everything at (just about) the lowest setting and I managed to get onto the Spacedock. Thanks for the work-around!
    edited January 2010
    :confused: