test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

character showing up as ship onboard starbase

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I tried searching first and nothing came up, so just so the devs know about it:

I just got to Starbase after finishing the tutorial and I'm a ship sitting on the nicely polished floor.

Just fyi.

Other than the bugs, it's fun so far!

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I've gotten this too. The first time it was after I beamed to my ship. My ship briefly appeared in spacedock, then my avatar was floating in space. The second time was when I beamed to a ship for an away mission. My ship was sitting there with 3 security officers for a while before my avatar and boff loaded.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had both of these as well. Took a sweet screenie of my character standing in space looking at earth :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had both problems plus I saw others as ships in the admiral office
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have seen the same thing, and submitted a bug report. When I beamed down to the Vega colony to fight the Borg, a little version of my ship was there instead. Moving around eventually made my avatar appear. When I beamed up to my ship, my avatar was standing out in space.

Later I went to meet Admiral Quinn, and the room was full of tiny spaceships :)

Other than that, I really enjoyed the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Me too! I didnt see any others tho, saw people talking about it in the chat so I figured I wasnt special in that regard.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have a custom race character, I wonder did anyone else with this issue, Either in person in space or space ship on ground, have a hand mad race as well?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have experienced this too...The first time was during a mission. I was exiting, and the next thing I knew I was back at the starting point as a starship, not a person.

Next, I was exiting the starbase to the Sol System and instead of being a starship I was a person.

This happened one other time. I could not correct it so I just logged out and then back in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This has happened to me when I beamed down to a planet. Glad I'm not the only one - I was a bit worried when it didn't show up on the search.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i thought it was freaking funny as TRIBBLE.. i think i peed myself a little. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have had the exact same issue everytime i have beamed down to a planet or inside a ship and vice versa.... kinda cute with my little ship onboard the earth starbase >.<
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got that same bug once! Took a screenshot of it, will link it as soon as I find whatever folder they are kept in...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I tried searching first and nothing came up, so just so the devs know about it:

I just got to Starbase after finishing the tutorial and I'm a ship sitting on the nicely polished floor.

Just fyi.

Other than the bugs, it's fun so far!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrPrzKRueE0

look at my video funny when that happen to me but then it fix it self
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had this problem as well. It happened at the Earth station, and I had to relog in order to resolve the issue. I was docking after the end of the tutorial.

Had the same problem transitioning from Vega to my ship, only the reciprocal. When the game loaded in space, instead of seeing my ship there, I saw my ground toon. Had to relog to fix that problem, too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    funniest bug in the game thus far.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Got that bug and gotten where I was a human in space.