test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vega Colony - Ship Beamed down?!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Upon beaming down to the Vega Colony, my Avatar did not immediately appear, but my entire Ship! (Screen Capture available). Once I moved my avatar the ship converted into the expected "bipedal humanoid" or Vulcan Avatar.

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had the same issue when doing the "Hide & Seek" mission in the Lackey system. I beamed down to the Klingon listening post as my ship. I beamed out and when I showed up in the sector map and was walking around as my ground avatar in Sector Space! I could only fix it by relogging, which with the state of the servers today, of course, meant it took forever.
    edited January 2010
    What was great is it wasn't just me who saw it, but i moved around and everyone saw my ship! HA!
    edited January 2010
    rmacbain wrote:
    What was great is it wasn't just me who saw it, but i moved around and everyone saw my ship! HA!

LOL!! I was wondering if anyone saw me or if it was just a clipping/local client issue. Cool!

:)
    edited January 2010
    i've had this problem also..in Vega, on Earth Starbase, and i've exited to space and my avatar was in space and not my ship, and i had to exit because it wouldnt switch
    edited January 2010
    i've had this problem also..in Vega, on Earth Starbase, and i've exited to space and my avatar was in space and not my ship, and i had to exit because it wouldnt switch

Interestingly still - the ship was low to the ground as if "walking" vs. being higher or above the other crowd of people all running and shooting around.

So the expected behavior for the Avatar was present, but the graphic refresh hadn't occurred until it seemed to detect I/O from the mouse. I wonder if this is just "lag" of sorts?
    edited January 2010
    So the expected behavior for the Avatar was present, but the graphic refresh hadn't occurred until it seemed to detect I/O from the mouse. I wonder if this is just "lag" of sorts?

They are working on a patch that should be out later today (I believe) that will prevent the problem with ships loading on interior/ground surfaces and characters loading in space. It happened to me as well :(
    edited January 2010
    This happened to me as well but I was stuck as the ship until the game quit itself. I was unable to move.