test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Critical: Need options menu before first log-in

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi all, have been following STO since way back in the day and am glad to finally be playing, must say nice flawless logins so far.

But i must point out that i play on a wide screen TV, and STO has not automatically selected a wide screen resolution, now im not sure if i missed it but i didnt see an options menu and i am now having to progress threw the character creation with about a third of the left hand side of the screen missing, at least its the left so i can still see my toon but some of the options are extremely hard to see.

I apologies if i have missed it but i did not see anyway to access options and have tried pressing escape, and no menu has popped up, i realize this is likely only going to effect a few people but thought i would point it out, a lot of games do it too me but usually i get to access options before i begin.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you back out from character selection to the login screen, the options panel is on the right side.
    edited January 2010
    Bummer i must have missed it while logging in, i gave up in the end and just ended up making a toon so i could get to the ingame options then im gonna log out and delete him and re log in and create a new one, thanks for pointing out there was an options button before log-in :)

Still would be nice if STO could detect wide screen and auto set a resolution, for future players :D
    edited January 2010
    Down right corner of the Login Screen --> Video Tab (top) --> 2 distinct settings for widescreens.
    True, it does not auto-detect my 16:10 wide notebook resolution at first, but after manual settings everything is ok.
    edited January 2010
    Indeed i have changed it and it is working fine, Ive created a character.. in the end i just had to force myself to click next... so many options could spend so much time lol, but alas apparently the map is full :(