test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map Full

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First i would like to say, overall first impression is fantastic, nicely done dev's.

That out of the way, why do you get kicked to log in screen when map is full? is this a bug? or jsut over looked?

Would be nice to either be put back in sector space or hang in a que as last resort.

But overall nicely done, and just Wow!!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i haven't been able to play 90% of the time because of this, i really hope their is a simple for for this... like another server perhaps?
    edited January 2010
    Currently getting endless loop of: "Map full" > back to login > Retrieving list of characters > finally can press the [play] button > starts to load > map full >>>
    edited January 2010
    sector spare is also a map and can get full , so a queue system would be the best solution.
    edited January 2010
    a que systems? no im sorry, i dont want to have to wait to play a game i bought, i understand this in the beta but i hope this is fixed for the final release.
    edited January 2010
    same visious loop for me....
    edited January 2010
    Also recieved a map full prompt and kicked to the login screen.

Hope this isn't an indication of not enough servers online to handle the player load already. If so, I hope yall get those servers up and running soon.

So far I like the game play and looking forward to continue my galaxy exploring. :)
    edited January 2010
    I would sebttle for not getting booted all the way back to start.
    edited January 2010
    same cant get in.. only get map is full error message
    edited January 2010
    Well a queue is better than being booted all the way out. I'll take partial solutions for the moment.
    edited January 2010
    Same thing here :confused:
    Although i was really enjoying it before this so Good One Cryptic :o
    edited January 2010
    heh this is completely crazy. Still stuck at log in because map is full..........been so for going on a half a hour. I did get in once, flew around, got booted.
    edited January 2010
    I've got the same problem. I haven't even gotten to play yet. I finally managed to make a character after a few tries, but now I can't play because it tells me the map is full.
    edited January 2010
    Same. Haven't been able to play at all as a result.
    edited January 2010
    Since i can't get further than the login screen like many i would like to add:

1.Character selection is nice but not very colourful in fact very bland looking

2.The planet you have in the background looks cheap like a bit map with 2 layers.

The whole look of the opening screen looks outdated and certainly didn't inspire me as an avid ST fan.

Games are about gameplay so far i haven't seen any due to "maps are full"/bounce you back to desktop.

Is everyone playing on one server?

Hope the game is a big success good luck Cryptic.
    edited January 2010
    Same here, map is full getting an rsi in my mouse finger clicking login :)
    edited January 2010
    Love the game so far. A bit hard to find people your first time in space dock.

Any how, tried to got to sector space and got booted due to the map being full. Tried to log back in and map is full again. Hope this is fixed soon, would like to test the game more.
    edited January 2010
    Well I would like to say stuff like "Great Graphics" "Nice Gameplay" and other things like that...but sadly all I can say is I can create a character...lots of options there...nice interface with the character creation.

Now if only I could get into the damn game...lol. Not much fun when all I can see is Map is Full. Didn't you guys make enough room for all the codes you gave out? If not that certainly was bad planning. So first impression is...

Epic Fail

Sorry...just being honest here and I thought that's what you wanted. But you can fix it I'm sure...just fire up some more servers.
    edited January 2010
    I just got done downloading the game took me 4 hours, then I had to wait for the patch that was not to long 15 mins or so. Now I make my toon go to log in and I get Map is full and I get booted back to the log in screen. I will not sit in a Que to play a game that I pay to play for one thing so I really hope they have enough servers to support the players. I can not even comment on how the game play is because I have not been able to get into the game to play it. Please do something about this as I would like to play the game to find out if I spent $80 on a game I will not like or play ever.