test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug Report: SERIOUS LAG

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok, here's the thing: I am experiencing SERIOUS lag.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not because i don't know if i'm lagging because of my computer, or because of the server being overloaded with trekkies.

I do have a problem where it takes forever to log in(if i can log in at all) only to lose connection to the server..AGAIN.

So anyway, is there a way for me to find out if the lag is because of me or the server?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so is anybody else experiencing serious lag?
    edited January 2010
    ive been having a similar problem, i cnt go into the sol system or starbase 24, because whenever i do, i cnt move along without lagging and juttering about,and cnt access any menus or to back into sector space,and im nt sure if its severe lag or a bug
    edited January 2010
    I only lagged when i was in a map full of either my team mates, asteroids, or a TRIBBLE load of gorn!
    edited January 2010
    I have terrible lag, despite having a 20mb connection, current speed about 3.5 to 5mb. I beamed over to the khitomer and then i cant talk to the doctor because i literally cant walk to him because it lafs so bad.
    edited January 2010
    robgomm wrote: »
    I have terrible lag, despite having a 20mb connection, current speed about 3.5 to 5mb. I beamed over to the khitomer and then i cant talk to the doctor because i literally cant walk to him because it lafs so bad.

I'm kinda glad you said that because I put a good three grand into my PC, so i know it isn't my PC...but i live way out in the country that i'm stuck with DSL. I never had lag issues with EvE or LOTRO.

This just confirms that this lag issue isn't about our PCs or Internet connection.

I'm not that tech savy, but if you internet connection speed is good, and your PC is great, then what else causes serious lag? I'm not complaining because it's open beta i'm just curiouis since i never really dealt with lag like this before.