What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Map cannot load as map is full

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Got booted right when I was about to finish character creation (disconnected from login server). Second login attempt I finished my character only to run into the "map full" problem. So, there you have it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ditto to OP, frequent server disconnects fyi.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah i am getting the BG flashing as well while the Loading bar is increasing. Then it disconects because the Map is full...although before i had "Requested Map no longer exists"

I have managed to get through Char creation now though.

:)

Good luck Cryptic we are all wishing you gods speed (which i always thought was Warp 10..if you are everywhere at once then Gods speed has to be Warp 10) :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i did get this, but now i get kicked at the step before (retrieving map list) then i get disconnect
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was having same prob but it got alittle better. The frequent disconnects are to be wxpected and should get better with time. Although, I am having alot of freezing and graphics arent as crisp or seem to be slightly distorted.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Finally made it through the character creator only to get the same error mentioned in this thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic there isn't Any Excuse for this stuff. You knew there would be a bunch of us wanting to log in. You knew there would be a huge load of players running through the first part of the game; Creating a character and playing through the tutorial. So just FIX IT and don't give us lame excuses! :mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Logging in from Europe and also having very long wait times for retrieving the character list and an eventual "map is full" error.

Also, I played a while ago through a part of the tutorial, which looked fine to me, but got disconnected at the part where you destroy 4 active probes. After logging in again I was at the stage before that (destroying damaged probes) and could not find a way to get back to the next area.

On another note: a surprising number of people seem to think they're playing a finished product. You're not, you knew this in advance. This is a beta product with flaws, glitches, errors and God knows what else. That's why we're doing this, to make sure it doesn't happen on February 2nd. If you want to enjoy awesome, smooth gameplay you should not have joined the beta testing process.

EDIT: I was able to log back in, but my quest log indicates I need to beam survivors to the Seacole, which is not the part of the quest I'm actually on.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Costigan wrote:
    Finally made it through the character creator only to get the same error mentioned in this thread.

I'll have to add a "Me too" confirmation on this one. Hopefully it's just an overloaded server error, not that the tutorial map isn't instancing itself.

Update: Oh dear, tried again and the messages "Retrieving List of Maps" turned into "Unable to login as map is full."
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Spoiler Warning
    After a couple of unsuccessful attempts due to login server timeouts, I finally got to the tutorial section up to the point where you have to beam over to the Khitomer to repel the Borg attack... aaaand the map is full again. >boot< :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have a question? Im now in the main transport area (hub with all the star systems) and I am still getting the error "Map is not accepting logins becuase it is full". Just curious, are we testing this on a bank of servers for production or will more be added? I would hope more would be added? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes I would also like to know when more servers will be added. I know it's open beta but at least let me in for a few minutes to check it out!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just got done downloading the game took me 4 hours, then I had to wait for the patch that was not to long 15 mins or so. Now I make my toon go to log in and I get Map is full and I get booted back to the log in screen. I will not sit in a Que to play a game that I pay to play for one thing so I really hope they have enough servers to support the players. I can not even comment on how the game play is because I have not been able to get into the game to play it. Please do something about this as I would like to play the game to find out if I spent $80 on a game I will not like or play ever.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Time to give up that server those devs have been using as a personal workstation.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In order for them to fix problems like this, it may be best to say exactly where you are recieving the problem at. Just saying map is full will not help the devs fix it. For me it is tutorial mission where you are just getting beams over to the other ship to help against the borg.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nicholis wrote:
    In order for them to fix problems like this, it may be best to say exactly where you are recieving the problem at. Just saying map is full will not help the devs fix it. For me it is tutorial mission where you are just getting beams over to the other ship to help against the borg.

That would make sense if they needed to be able to repeat the problem and it involved a unique situation. This issue is just when everyone hits "play" and the sever comes back and says "not really".
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nicholis wrote:

Made a character, clicked play, got the Map full error.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Great Caesar's Ghost Cryptic, what did you expect ? Shouldn't this have been planned for and supplemented the first few days. Is this what to expect on Early start as well ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same :( quite lame.

its pretty much dropped me since the first mission... redoing char creation and trying again
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Great Caesar's Ghost Cryptic, what did you expect ? Shouldn't this have been planned for and supplemented the first few days. Is this what to expect on Early start as well ?

I just hope this is not going to be the way they run things in the future. I play many MMO's and know some down time will happen but not on Open Beta it just make you guys look bad, like there was poor planning involved or you just want our money. I sure hope it is nether of those and something unforeseen has happened. I would really love to play the game before it is released this is how I will know if I want to keep playing or if I go back to GameStop and get my $80 back.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same, and it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't kick you out to the login screen everytime. But having to log in, then select the character, load, and then get kicked out having to rinse lather and repeat is agrivating.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting the message in Sector Space. Can't even go anywhere, cause I'm stuck in the system with the transport.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmmm an interm fix would to be add a waiting Queue to the maps.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I actually think I saw some of the problem. I was trying the change instance button and one map had 0 players. And because it sorts on the number of players that server was at the top. When I tried chosing that map I got the full error. And now I can't log back in on that character
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They say First impressions Matter well this is a very bad first impression....they had plenty of time to plan for this they knew tens of thousands would be trying to logon beta or not they should been prepared:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thorny wrote:

this isn't about interim fixes, it is about finding a permanent solution, that you are staring more at the login procedures (like I am) is part of an open beta. This game only has '1' server so waiting queues really aren't a good option in your end product, thusly they serve no purpose in your open beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got the same problem as well right after character creation.

Haven't got to play yet. :(

I'm sure you'll get it fixed soon. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem. Was docking with the station in the Sol System and got the "Map is full" error. Now I can't log in on my character cause it's full.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thorny wrote:

You do have the option to manualy select an instance...given that you manage to get in the game first and change an opion (I don't remember where, but I think was when you click on the small down arrow near your minimap and choose "change instance" in the window that pops up you will see a tick box where it says something like "manualy select instance". Mark it and problem solved.