test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three New Screenshots! (October 9, 2008)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmmm....from the screenshots the characters seems to be all humanoids. Any chance for non-humanoid crews?
    edited October 2008
    I agree the graphics shown here look awesome, but wonder if they'll end out looking more like an improved COH or Champions Online, if Cryptic is using a modified Hero's Engine.

Some of the earlier Ingame planet graphics remind me of the graphics in the Champions Trailer.

Champion Online Trailer
    edited October 2008
    Why no facial hair? These are alien women afterall... :p
    edited October 2008
    Why no facial hair? These are alien women afterall... :p

They probably bleach their mustaches, lol

Great screenshots, gonna be a awesome game!
    edited October 2008
    I really love the character models, I cant wait to see how customization looks.
    edited October 2008
    I'm really keen on getting my hands on the alien creator... hopefully I can create non human races like species 8472. Nice char renders... Kastrel!

Will we also get full character renders in some weeks? Like we've seen close after the announcement of STO by Perpetual?
    edited October 2008
    Wow. Just... wow.

Wasn't expecting the faces to be that good. :)
    edited October 2008
    It looks amazing...
    edited October 2008
    What would you say. is the Woman in the center of the second Line Orion? Im not really sure.
    edited October 2008
    Not sure what to add, except that I'm happy with the look of those screenshots!
    The character screenshot looks really good in particular for me personally.
    edited October 2008
    The models look fantastic already! Can't wait to see the finished product next year.
    edited October 2008
    The models are sheer magic. If the ingame graphics look anything like it I'm more than thrilles already. The Planetside graphics of the MOnastary make me want to break in at cryptic and get my hands on an alpha copy of the game and the space pic just makes me more eager to take the hlm and warp to distant worlds.

Keep up the good work guys! The entire ST community is putting big hopes into the game!! :)
    edited October 2008
    Love all three of them! Specially the characters one! This just gets me more anxious to play!
    edited October 2008
    Interesting. That first shot looks like somewhere a Wookie would live, IMHO.

Who would win in a fight, Worf or Chewbacca?
    edited October 2008
    Nice charakters but in my opinion the hair could be improved. Looks a bit like gum yet but if it'll not be improved, I can live with the current quality.
    edited October 2008
    thx, nice looking characters. The planet surface with houses looks a little bit like a elve village in my opinion. But characters and space are looking great
    edited October 2008
    All 3 of the new screen shots Look GREAT......Very impressed, Hope everything looks that good in game!!!
    edited October 2008
    Things are looking better and better..plz keep up the good work...:D
    edited October 2008
    IMHO - 5 out of 6 of these characters look a little.......young? Are these fairly early examples of the character models?
    edited October 2008
    Very cool please post us some more planet side soon, we have all see lots of the space side of things would be good for a larger peek at some of the homeworlds... sorry feel like a kid waiting for Chirstmas!
    edited October 2008
    not that I do not appreciate the images, which I do, but other than the screen shot of the characters the other two are older screenshots. I know I have seen them somewhere else before...
    edited October 2008
    Awesome!1 :d:d
    edited October 2008
    I was suspecting that it was a Vulcan building too, but it looks like there are Klingons standing around in the distance, so i was confused. Great looking screenshots though
    edited October 2008
    Wow, maybe its just because these are close shots but these look more crisp than the trailer characters. I love that you can add scars too! That builds character. Other things I like are the customizable skin tone, eye color and pupil. I hope the character also has options of how to carry themselves after they've chosen a model. Like if someone has long hair they can wear it tied up or down; Maybe be formal one day and then look over worked the next. Maybe even change facial features. I may want to pull a Riker and grow a beard.

P.S Are those burgundy Uniforms on the top row? :confused:
    edited October 2008
    AWWW another re-run. I've already seen this episode. =( I wish I hadn't ran out to buy the game informer since they're going to feed us the images from it as "new material". The character creation shots are the exact models used in the game informer article.
    edited October 2008
    The level of detail in the character faces is amazing. Every strand of hair, the red, bloodshot eyes, the red-to-pink scar tissue, the alien-ness of the non-pupil eyes. . .huge kudos to the designers!

Only thing the new screenies give me pause about is the scale. . .I am really worried that planetary scale isn't going to be conveyed properly.
    edited October 2008
    fatesoasis wrote: »
    AWWW another re-run. I've already seen this episode. =( I wish I hadn't ran out to buy the game informer since they're going to feed us the images from it as "new material". The character creation shots are the exact models used in the game informer article.

Wrong the one in the lower right is not in the Game Informer Article.
    edited October 2008
    They look really great...well done! ;)
    edited October 2008
    It should be noted that the AA (Anti-Aliasing) is turned way up on those screens so your results might not be quite as nice unless you have a horse of a graphics card. But still, I'd call them a nice mix of graphically impressive but not system heavy on demands. Mass Effect's characters for example look better, but will surely not play as well on as many systems as STO is likely aiming for.

... But the ships in Mass Effect looked fricken terrible :P
    edited October 2008
    After seeing all that, i can not wait to play:)