test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screenshots from the Trailer! (August 11, 2008)

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i like it too,
    but i think it would be nicer if some other pictures had been postet...
    i can push myselve the stop button and have a closer look on the trailer... :rolleyes:
    edited August 2008
    Very cool, lots of borg. I really like some of the newish ship designs.
    edited August 2008
    The large scale battle against the Borg in the trailer looks very awesome. I am curious about the very small Federation ships that can be seen attacking. They are of course dwarfed by the larger starships so we don't get a real good look at them.
    They seem more like escape pods to me, they don't seem to fire any weapons and look small enough to fit the bill.
    edited August 2008
    Well, im not impressed about the graphics. I hope it's only a eary alpha version.
    edited August 2008
    ibtsd wrote: »
    Well, im not impressed about the graphics. I hope it's only a eary alpha version.
    Are you kidding? I thought the graphics looked great! The environment and ships especially.

I agree that the characters looked a little cartoony, but that's to be expected from an engine designed originally for a superhero-themed game.

P.S. Check out Boldly Play's catalog of all the ships seen in the gameplay trailer: http://www.boldlyplay.com/2008/08/new-starships-identified-in-trailer.html
    edited August 2008
    it all looks preety cool and glad to see a large interest, but iam new to all this when does it seem we will be able to play the game?
    edited August 2008
    Awe! :cool:
    Please, let me play or kill me! :)
    edited August 2008
    jfidds wrote: »
    Are you kidding? I thought the graphics looked great! The environment and ships especially.

I agree that the characters looked a little cartoony, but that's to be expected from an engine designed originally for a superhero-themed game.

P.S. Check out Boldly Play's catalog of all the ships seen in the gameplay trailer: http://www.boldlyplay.com/2008/08/new-starships-identified-in-trailer.html

Sorry about that, but I think EVE has a better graphics. Maybe the devs forgot to render and use bump-mapping :) Just a joke

Btw i still hope they will use better graphics, because the planets, and the chars a bit "funny"
    edited August 2008
    Nice screenshots. I and some friends had noticed the different warp nacelles and were excited that ship upgrades will be available and that they look VERY Federationish...is that a word? Oh well. You all get the point.

Thanks for sharing some nice clean shots Cryptic!
    edited August 2008
    Sorry guys but i can't be impressed with graphics at all and i dont realy see whats so great about it?!? Its all so cartoony and unconvicning like some lame arcade with Star Trek name on it :( ... i was realy hoping it will look much more realystic i mean that kind of graphics is a little tiresome ( at least to me) i mean every other MMO has that kind of look. A big dissapointment to me and i WAS looking forward to this game for a looong time now,and looks like its gonna be Star Trek Legacy all over again..... a real pitty. My last hope is that at least gameplay will be good
    edited August 2008
    Let's not forget that the primary goal of the game: To live the adventure of the Star Trek universe.

Hopefully the graphics will improuve over time. :)
    edited August 2008
    The Shots look sweet.
    edited August 2008
    thats just it...Sweet...

STO does NOT have to look sweet to attract some 7yo kid...thats not the point of Star Trek.

I understand the developers need to make money out of STO but they will have to find balance between "SWEET" and the CORE of Star Trek and that CORE is what made Star Trek great. Its not all that beautiful in Star Trek Universe some stuff are pretty grim out there and i cannot imagine that style of graphics can deliver that to te screen..

It all comes down to the feeling of ST Universe and appropriate gameplay to reflect that..
    edited August 2008
    I am a long time fan of trek, since the 70s. I love the advancement in graphics. and even as a family man I might just play this as my first MMO game
    edited August 2008
    STO is going to be awesome and it will release a lot sooner than I expected
    edited August 2008
    nvm bout knights of the old republic
    edited August 2008
    hmmm wonder where my other posts went...
    edited August 2008
    o im in the wrong area..... lol
    edited August 2008
    i hope we'll be able to contaminate pre-warp civilizations