test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameplay Trailer Available!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Great trailer and great webcast presentation! Nimoy was quite a surprise. I can't wait to beam up.

Does anyone have an embeddable trailer link? Is it up on GameTrailers, GameVideos, YouTube or another video sharing site?
    edited August 2008
    I'm not at all disappointed. Good sounds, decent graphics for a MMO.

But why are klingons firing on federation?
    edited August 2008
    Awesome trailer and I think has alot of potential. I can't wait to join my fleet and fight the Borg!
    edited August 2008
    Looks Awesome!!!!

Can't wait.
    edited August 2008
    Can someone who watched the presentation part write up a summary, basic questions answered, etc.? I missed it, as did many others.
    edited August 2008
    This looks awsome. Im just shocked at how great this game looks in such a short space of time.. pun intended..

I was very interested when Jack Emmert said the following in his interview with Associated Press, ''Everything that people will see on Sunday is going to be taken right from 'Star Trek Online' as it stands today, so hardened people should know that a release date might be closer than they think.''
    edited August 2008
    Amazing trailer!

I just hope the end product will have a little more high resolution textures.
    edited August 2008
    From the footage on a couple of Bridges....can you say mutiny, LoL
    edited August 2008
    Fantastic. ST:O is one of those games that looks great in both screenshots and concept art...now we know it looks great when you're playing it, too!!

Amazing work, fellas.

I just had to get an acct after I saw this trailer.
    edited August 2008
    The footage is excellent, I am so stoked about this game, not from just being a Star Trek fan, but also from playing other MMO's and being bored with the usual style of gameplay.
    edited August 2008
    I love this Trailer especially the big size one :)

Can’t wait to play this awesome Game myself

Great Work Cryptic so far!
    edited August 2008
    I just watched the trailer. OMG - amazing! I cannot wait to see more!
    edited August 2008
    I was very impressed with the trailer. It looked great both visually and from a gameplay standpoint. It was nice to see the bridge and know that ship interiors will be in the game. That adds a lot of authenticity to it. And it was nice to see the exploration/fighting aspect too. There can be something for everyone and even though the Federation is friendly it can still fight. And the Klingons killing the bridge crew was awesome. I can't wait for this game to release.
    edited August 2008
    Wow...trailer looks amazing :)

Lets hope the asteroids get bigger till we finally can log ^^
    I hope mining will be implemented as well

Got to love the walk around feature...finally PvP isnt restricted to ship to ship combat anymore ^^

I only fear that player dead (ship/player) will be too harmless...I really dont like the idea of a battle wheres nothing to be lost
    edited August 2008
    What is the ETA of StarTrek Online?
    edited August 2008
    Wow...trailer looks amazing :)

I only fear that player dead (ship/player) will be too harmless...I really dont like the idea of a battle wheres nothing to be lost

I agree, I am hoping there is something to be lost, at least shipwise. Playerwise I can understand it being kind of harmless, or a rez type of thing. But if you loose your ship there should be bigger consequences.
    edited August 2008
    spartan547 wrote: »
    I was very impressed with the trailer. It looked great both visually and from a gameplay standpoint. It was nice to see the bridge and know that ship interiors will be in the game. That adds a lot of authenticity to it. And it was nice to see the exploration/fighting aspect too. There can be something for everyone and even though the Federation is friendly it can still fight. And the Klingons killing the bridge crew was awesome. I can't wait for this game to release.

I completely agree. The visual aspect was amazing, not to mention the bridge and fighting sequences. I was very very impressed.
    edited August 2008
    The presenter would not say except that it "won't be as long as you think".

He said that his PR people and his CEO would give him a hard time, but that he knows when the launch is.

Feel free to speculate wildly. My guess is they won't want to step on the toes of WOTLK or Champions Online, the
    later of which is to launch next April.
    edited August 2008
    We just watched this as a community with our shoutbox-chat running next to it. Unfortunately it was 22:30h for us when it aired and not as many as we expected were with us at our side, but all of us just stood there, translating words or sentences for our members with a weak english. But when the Trailer showed up during this Webcast we just freaked out and you could see the box get flooded with "Yeah, a bridge!" - "Awsome graphics!" - "Can't wait to play!" and stuff like that. You did it, Cryptic, you now have your own bunch of followers! Very nice work, we couldn't believe it when you said: "All ingame, no editing", unbelievable!
    edited August 2008
    The presenter would not say except that it "won't be as long as you think".

He said that his PR people and his CEO would give him a hard time, but that he knows when the launch is.

Feel free to speculate wildly. My guess is they won't want to step on the toes of WOTLK or Champions Online, the
    later of which is to launch next April.
    edited August 2008
    Yes the game looks really great very excited about it. Glad to hear klingons will be one of the 1st races in the game can't wait to be the fiercest klingon on the galaxie
    edited August 2008
    Great video, cant wait to see more!
    edited August 2008
    Get this on the shelves as quickly but with the highest quality as possible... :p
    edited August 2008
    Nemesis389 wrote: »
    Get this on the shelves as quickly but with the highest quality as possible... :p

Major Ditto :D
    edited August 2008
    Crazyfist wrote: »
    I'm not at all disappointed. Good sounds, decent graphics for a MMO.

But why are klingons firing on federation?

Well it does take place quite a bit into the federations future so who know what happend between the Federation and the Klingons
    edited August 2008
    You can watch the whole presentation here:

http://mygamersvideos.onlinewelten.com/videos/cfwEiAxDB8c4/
    Or you can look for it on youtube.

I love the trailer! I want to play the game NOW! :)
    edited August 2008
    Really enjoyed the trailer. The space exploration should be enjoyable and the combat looks authentic Star Trek. As for the release date everyone has been referencing, don't forget the contest stated that it was for the game when it ships in approximately one year so. That would be perfect with CO coming in the spring then STO in the fall. Someone else mentioned the uniforms and not liking the idea of them being Voyager style uniforms. I wouldn't worry to much. I'm thinking you will be able to choose what you want your uniform to look like (at least within certain limits ) since they are going to be big on the customization aspect.

Now my quick analysis of the trailer:
    - Looks like a new class of ship, kind of a mix between the 1701A and the 1701E Enterprise
    - I saw a galaxy class ship and what looked like a city on top of a space station. Makes me wonder how big the space stations will be
    - I actually liked the uniforms shown. Modern but still Starfleet traditional
    - Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about why Klingons are attacking Starfleet. If you watch the video, they never show the faces of the characters that look like Klingons from the back. They could be another race we don't know about yet.
    - From the trailer, I would say the Borg are going to be a big part of the storyline when the game launches. I really enjoy the Borg but I'm kind of surprised they aren't going to use a new species as the main antagonist.

All in all, a great trailer. I can't wait to see more!
    edited August 2008
    Looked really good I thought. I liked the colors and space and character models looked good too.
    edited August 2008
    The gameplay footage was awesome. Can't wait for a full release soon. Hopefully, we can play all the ship classes and not get skimped like in the other video games.
    edited August 2008
    Omega_Red wrote: »
    Well it does take place quite a bit into the federations future so who know what happend between the Federation and the Klingons

Well speaking as Renrut of the House of Kang I do hope the the federation has finally learned that the Klingon Empire is far superior.