test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win a Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online! (Aug 5, 2008)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I really hope there aren't too many people out there making multiple accounts so they have more chances to win =O Although it would be really nice to win I'm playing fair and only doing one =)
    edited August 2008
    Just signed up, heres hoping.
    edited August 2008
    The devs familys are probably the preselected winners I wouldn't be suprised if that where to happen.

Though it could be random selection or lottery I really do not know.

Thier are also ways to cacth the people that make multi accounts cause they're the guys that hardly post on 1 but can post a lot on another.

Myself I am a simplistic man that belives that 1 should only create 1 account per site.
    edited August 2008
    Richman12 wrote: »
    The devs familys are probably the preselected winners I wouldn't be suprised if that where to happen..

Man - that is one pretty TRIBBLE outlook to have and to post on their forums to boot. I find it astounding to say the least. If you stopped and thought about the notion for a mere second you would realize that they can give accounts to their family members anytime they please without the charade of a fake contest.
    :rolleyes:
    edited August 2008
    As with all American companies making raffles and such, EU gets ignored >.>
    edited August 2008
    As with all American companies making raffles and such, EU gets ignored >.>

Another n00b that doesn't read the 500 complaints and why it's not in EU.

Laws prevent things of this matter... perhaps you should read all the other reasons why it's not in the EU and then don't complain.
    edited August 2008
    Djin wrote: »

Laws prevent things of this matter... perhaps you should read all the other reasons why it's not in the EU and then don't complain.

As i said before there is nothing in the national law were i live that doesnt allow it , can you please post the EU paragraph that doesnt allow it?
    edited August 2008
    Hello,

It's only US/CANADA. What about the rest? Unfair one....

Endie:
    agreed
    edited August 2008
    eNDIE wrote: »
    As i said before there is nothing in the national law were i live that doesnt allow it , can you please post the EU paragraph that doesnt allow it?

What country do you live in?
    edited August 2008
    What country do you live in?

i live in sweden
    edited August 2008
    Why don't you look the laws up.

Perhaps there's something holding it back... just because it's not in EU doesn't mean Cryptic doesn't care or doesn't want to support EU.

There are more reasons then people think, but they will always take the easiest route and hate America at any chance they can get.
    edited August 2008

As was also mentioned in this thread; Blizzard managed to do it. Why not Cryptic? And WHY do they only mention that only NA residents are allowed to enter AFTER you've filled out the registration form? That's just a blatant SCAM, I guess only the EU has laws against such things.
    edited August 2008
    Why don't you look the laws up.

Perhaps there's something holding it back... just because it's not in EU doesn't mean Cryptic doesn't care or doesn't want to support EU.

There are more reasons then people think, but they will always take the easiest route and hate America at any chance they can get.

I havent said that i hate US? and i have looked it up. I was just reacting to "Another n00b that doesn't read the 500 complaints and why it's not in EU." just grow up and stop calling people noobs because they missed some info wich btw is incorrect.
    edited August 2008
    Well, just look at it this way:

A couple of weeks ago, Gamestop had a promotionnal offer for their customers, wheras you would fill in a little survey quiz of theirs and upon completion you would automatically become a participant in a lottery awarding multiple in-store prices and coupons.

And guess what? Only US residents could actually be eligeable recipients for the lottery, not even Canadians, even though:
    1- there are Gamestop and EBgames all across the map;
    2- Canadians would also get the promotionnal offer in their inbox;
    3- Canadians were still invited to take the quiz (even though thy would auto-disqualify from the lottery).

Contest and lottery rules are different in every countries and certain technicalities actually make them mutually-exclusive from one country to another. That one contest from Blizzard you are refering to in which they made it up to be international, wasn't; it was simply zone/country/continent specific contests which were extremely similar to one another in terms of nature, scope and awarded prizes .

That being said, there's nothing telling us Cryptic won't go ahead and make another such contest in the EU.

And truthfully, if the game lives up to it's potential and is worth playing, you will play whether it's free or not, and vice-versa. The contest is more or less just a way to get some hype and traffic on the website, a way to test-run how popular STO might be/become.
    edited August 2008
    .Spartan wrote: »

Man - that is one pretty TRIBBLE outlook to have and to post of their forums to boot. I find it astounding to say the least. If you stopped and thought about the notion for a mere second you would realize that they can give accounts to their family members anytime they please without the charade of a fake contest.
    :rolleyes:

Sorry was just having a gloomy thought when I typed that up though I was also kinda wondering around that subject as well. Should have probably worded it differently.

It's just I have been having a lot of bad luck as of late so I was being pessimistic.

Sorry again.
    edited August 2008
    Worked for me just fine.
    edited August 2008
    Richman12 wrote: »
    Sorry was just having a gloomy thought when I typed that up though I was also kinda wondering around that subject as well. Should have probably worded it differently.

It's just I have been having a lot of bad luck as of late so I was being pessimistic.

Sorry again.

No worries brother - I can feel you. :o Shoot there is an edit button...
    edited August 2008
    The first thing that comes to mind that would stop a sweepstakes thing like this would be some sort of tax law.
    edited August 2008
    I would like to be considered for the contest and any other fun you can throw my way.

Thank you!
    edited August 2008
    since this is possibly console and PC I wonder if the sub will be your choice of system
    edited August 2008
    I don't see if it'll be console or PC in the game rules, but if the PC version comes out before the console version (as is the norm of these sorts of games), I'll bet a buffalo nickel it's for the PC version only.

Or whichever version is first.
    edited August 2008
    I thought I entered but the entry form is there again, not filled out. Does that mean my entry was not accepted the first time? I am hesitant to submit another because it says, "One entry per person."
    edited August 2008
    Awsome im in. Thanx
    edited August 2008
    I thought I entered but the entry form is there again, not filled out. Does that mean my entry was not accepted the first time? I am hesitant to submit another because it says, "One entry per person."

Says in red text on top of the screen that you have already entered the contest on this account.

Do the cryptic people relize what this means? :eek:
    edited August 2008
    Duras wrote: »
    BUT only if you live in the North Americas... How sweet.

The rest of the world can take a run and jump can't they, not really fair is'nt it.

Anyone else who thinks Cryptic Studios is geologically predudice...!!

They have no issues with other countrys. The issue is your countrys laws for swepstakes and contests. This issue has been going on for a long time. Makeing false accusations will not change that.
    edited August 2008
    It says it ends on aug 17th which is my birthday so im hopeing i can win what an amzing B-day gift that will be :)
    edited August 2008
    shame i cant enter, being from the UK... :confused: I hope we get a similar sweepstake over this side of the pond.
    edited August 2008
    im trying to get my brother enter this because he is very lucky when winning stuff like this because the last several times hes entered a contest him or someone in his group has won something. last year he won a paintball gun(grand prize) and mask when he went paintballing for the first time and then his friend mike won a bandana(fith prize) the second time they held a contest. then almost 3 years ago he won a $25 gift card(third prize) for gamesworkshop.
    edited August 2008
    Yay, I entered.
    edited August 2008
    If only there was one for Australia.
This discussion has been closed.