test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameplay footage coming soon! (July 28, 2008)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Cannot freaking wait!
    edited July 2008
    great to hear you guys picked up the project. Can't wait to see what you have put together... it's about time for a rich SCi-fi mmog that ship based
    edited July 2008
    from what I have seen so far is Cartoon art....is this the way for the Future of StarTrek Online... OMG !!
    you have got to be kidding:eek:
    edited July 2008
    I feel like christmass is coming and some great gifts which were well prepared will be presented and unwrapped.:)
    edited July 2008
    solarmanJc wrote: »
    from what I have seen so far is Cartoon art....is this the way for the Future of StarTrek Online... OMG !!
    you have got to be kidding:eek:

Screenshots look good to me... Cartoons can be very realistic.
    edited July 2008
    I can't wait. :cool:
    edited July 2008
    I just hope the system reqs won't be rediculously high. I've seen shiny gems of MMOs being released these past few years but when it comes to gameplay they quickly sink to the bottom. Don't make that mistake Cryptic!
    edited July 2008
    Meynolt wrote: »
    I just hope the system reqs won't be rediculously high. I've seen shiny gems of MMOs being released these past few years but when it comes to gameplay they quickly sink to the bottom. Don't make that mistake Cryptic!

I don't like to sound like a squeeky wheel, but it's 2008. If your computer sucks... you can get an amazing machine for $500 nowadays... if that even.
    edited July 2008
    A webcast for those who aren't able to attend in person is a wonderful idea - thanks for thinking of all your fans, we sure appreciate it! :D
    edited July 2008
    they must have used PE source code to get this far :D my self is realy realy lookingforward to it...... exciting times!!! for us all
    edited July 2008
    I have been waiting for this game ever since I heard about it in 2006! I cannot wait to see the gameplay footage and can't wait to pick this up and play the hell out of it!

I'm really glad to see a proven company like Crypic got the Star Trek license.
    edited July 2008
    Hey if you pay my way, I'll go!
    edited July 2008
    YAY. also yay for countdowns so we can keep up with it. Im so excited for the game!!! thanks cryptic :)
    edited July 2008
    Nice! thanks again guys.
    edited July 2008
    Wow I cant wait!
    Hello to all!
    edited July 2008
    YAY. also yay for countdowns so we can keep up with it. Im so excited for the game!!! thanks cryptic :)

<sigh>

Now if only there was a counter for the actual game release.....
    edited July 2008
    man i seriously hope it comes out this year if they have a real demo then it should be possible at the very least a beta. there is only so much Legacy and SFC someone can play knowing that this game is out there somewere in sector 001 :D:D:D
    edited July 2008
    I don't think it will come out this year, but i don't know anything. WE don't know how far the developpement on this game is/was. Perpetual never gave us any gametrailer or something; just some non-saying screenshots. Who knows, maybe a demo this year :)
    edited July 2008
    I live about 2 miles form the Hilton, I hope to make it, I wonder if this will be the last Trek convention at the Hilton
    With the Star Trek Experience closing down on Sept. 1st. really is a shame its a great experience.
    edited July 2008
    Can't wait!:)
    edited July 2008
    I wonder if were will get any new info before then? maybe an extra screen-shot?
    edited July 2008
    Thanks now I am going to be more insane till the 10th...lol.
    edited July 2008
    This is great news hopefully its a sign of nothing but good things happening to star trek online and cryptic. Simple put MAKE IT SO or ENGAGE.
    edited July 2008
    Dont't see if its been asked/answered due to being a large thread but, anyone know if they will be showing footage from PC and 360 or just one format? (hoping for 360 footage myself, but will be happy with either)

Love you guys at Cryptic!! Best of luck!
    edited July 2008
    I'd be lying, if i said i wasn't craping my paints im so excited. but im still a little worried, i really hope STO lives up to all of our expectations. I'll feel better when i have the game on my PC and actually get to play.

Thanks Cryptic for giving STO, and us a second chance.
    edited July 2008
    Wow, gameplay footage is so much more impressive than just screenshots. I'd like more screenshots too. :D

Keep up the good work!
    edited July 2008
    Cryptic rules! If only they had the license from the beginning, we'd already be playing.
    edited July 2008
    wgc01 wrote: »
    I live about 2 miles form the Hilton, I hope to make it, I wonder if this will be the last Trek convention at the Hilton
    With the Star Trek Experience closing down on Sept. 1st. really is a shame its a great experience.

That teleportation thing while you're waiting in line is pure genius. Shame the exit signs and push-doors everywhere completely ruin the rest of the experience.

It's still a shame to hear it's shutting down, though. There's nothing else like it anywhere in the world. :(
    edited July 2008
    Can't wait to see the footage, you guys have always been really great about showing real footage and not just fmv's that look nothing like the actual in-game play.

This Trekkie will definitely be waiting by his computer diligently at 1:30 PDT for the Live Broadcast. But if for some god awful reason I miss the live webcast, I'm certain you guys will have a link here on the site to a recording of the live webcast. Just another one of those great things that Cryptic is good about :D
    edited July 2008
    Thank you.... you have made me a happy man.
This discussion has been closed.