test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event End Time?

jackkisekijackkiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So I tried asking in game chat with no reply so gonna try here. So I was wondering what timezone the event follows as it shows to me 6pm October 10th, but is that referring to my timezone or a specific timezone like Central or Eastern?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It is usually *start of server maintenance* that day even if the event technically ends later than that.

I would not count on server access past 6 AM? United States - Pacific time.

Best is to finish early instead of waiting until the last minute, but remember you can always pay zen to finish the event. For just one day I think it will only cost 300 zen.
  • jackkisekijackkiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Was meaning the specific time, not the day. But I didn't even know there were proxy launchers so I guess it's 6pm my time since I'm on GMT.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    jackkiseki wrote: »
    Was meaning the specific time, not the day. But I didn't even know there were proxy launchers so I guess it's 6pm my time since I'm on GMT.

Don't count on that. It's almost always when maintenance starts regardless of what the calendar and/or NEWS post says. If you are expecting to be able to earn your last 15 points at 5:50 PM please don't post a follow-up thread when that fails to happen. You have been warned.

• jackkisekijackkiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    jackkiseki wrote: »

Don't count on that. It's almost always when maintenance starts regardless of what the calendar and/or NEWS post says. If you are expecting to be able to earn your last 15 points at 5:50 PM please don't post a follow-up thread when that fails to happen. You have been warned.
    Why would anyone wait that close lol. I don't know what time maintenance is why do you think I'm asking for clarification. And I'm going by what the event page says, but since as I stated already I am GMT, I'm not American. This entire post was for clarification because STO's client does not give it.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Maintenance starts at 9 AM in the US Mountain Time Zone, always, and no matter what time the event is listed to end it ends at the start of maintenance, always.

Eh, not "always". And I live in the Mountian Time Zone and maintenance usually starts at 8am for me. Anyway, I've been able to run an event again if maintenance ends early enough that the listed time for the event's end is after the server comes back up.

However, for practical purposes, (and I believe your intent as well, azrael) never EVER count on that sort of convergence happening. While it may happen from time to time, it is rare enough that you are indeed better off finishing before maintenance begins on the day of an events ending.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Events never continue after maintenance.. if the Maintenance is early, the event ends early.

Don't count on that. If that's ever happened it was many many years ago.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @iamynaught said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Eh, not "always". And I live in the Mountian Time Zone and maintenance usually starts at 8am for me. Anyway, I've been able to run an event again if maintenance ends early enough that the listed time for the event's end is after the server comes back up.
    >
    > However, for practical purposes, (and I believe your intent as well, azrael) never EVER count on that sort of convergence happening. While it may happen from time to time, it is rare enough that you are indeed better off finishing before maintenance begins on the day of an events ending.

Hmm, I'm in the West end of SD, same time zone as Denver CO, so I'll take your word that its been earlier, still that should give the OP a more concrete idea of when the maint will be for him so mission accomplished.

On the second point, I'll be honest, I've never personally seen an event still live after maint so I kind of doubted the unicorn was real IYKWIM. Lol

It's rare, very rare. It's happened once in the last year that I remember. It was either the Winter or Summer event. Those usually have a later end time than these off event times, so that may not count. I do remember one off event I got an extra run in in the last year or two, but can't remember what one it was. I want to say it was the Crystalline Cataclysm but can't say for certain. It was something short as I only did it because the queue was one that could be completed relatively quick. But yes, I've seen it maybe 4 times in the time I've been playing over the last 7 years.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
This discussion has been closed.