test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant copy a Character to Testserver

naomy1701naomy1701 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
i've been trying to get onto Tribble for months and months now, without any success.

the problem is, the site thats supposed to let me select a character to copy to Testserver doesnt work right.
i follow the steps and when the Site with the red "sign up" button comes up, i click but it only refreshes the site, i never got a dropdown menu to select a character as should happen according to the info text.
(the site i talk about is this one: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto i found "other" ways in several posts how to get to tribble, however every single one ends at this site, and the problem remains, no matter on which route i got there, the site doesnt give a dropdown select menu, it just keeps refreshing upon clicking the red button -.-)

i tryed with delete the cache first, go in with Private mode, tryed it over ARC, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and nothing helps.

after months i finaly jumped my shadow and tryed to get help from support. they said they cant help me, due to the Devs themselfs being in charge of anything related to the testservers.

after the addition of the new testing map with parser and all, my girlfriend i play with for years now has signed up, and she could get all done instantly, and her account is even older than mine, so now im at a loss since i cant go there and test our builds together to optimise my support role in our team, i cant help my fleet members on our Fleet team setup and thats realy sad, after playing STO for years and being owner of god-knows how many douzen ships from the shop, i had realy loved to maximise the builds and maybe in the future help to test new things and be a productive member of the community and help to trouble shoot bugs and other issues that can only be found by playing content.

Please dear Devs, if theres anything u can do to help, id appreciate it endlessly (and my girlfriend too, since she realy likes to optimise our teamplay and try new things together)

sincerly looking forward to any possible help that cna be provided.

live long and prosper \\V//_

Naomy
Post edited by naomy1701 on
Tagged:

Comments

• sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    naomy1701 wrote: »

the problem is, the site thats supposed to let me select a character to copy to Testserver doesnt work right.
    i follow the steps and when the Site with the red "sign up" button comes up, i click but it only refreshes the site, i never got a dropdown menu to select a character as should happen according to the info text.

i tryed with delete the cache first, go in with Private mode, tryed it over ARC, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and nothing helps.
    l

I use chrome so please use chrome to try. I do not see any red "sign up" button. Go to the arc website or the forum website sign in/log in at the top right corner (above the word charge). Then click on the log in name go to my profile. On the right site there is a character transfer page button click on that. You should be at the https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto webpage. Click the character tab to choose which character and then click on server to select which server. Then click copy.

Sometimes log in direct to the webpage can cause a bug. So try to follow the steps. Good luck
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • naomy1701naomy1701 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    sarah2774 wrote: »

l

I use chrome so please use chrome to try. I do not see any red "sign up" button. Go to the arc website or the forum website sign in/log in at the top right corner (above the word charge). Then click on the log in name go to my profile. On the right site there is a character transfer page button click on that. You should be at the https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto webpage. Click the character tab to choose which character and then click on server to select which server. Then click copy.

Sometimes log in direct to the webpage can cause a bug. So try to follow the steps. Good luck

there is no "character tab" when i click the "transfer character" button in my Profile page, it just leads me to the linked site and there the red "sign up!" button that does nothing other than refresh the site -.-

Please click 'Sign Up!' below to gain access to the Public Test Server.

Public Test Server

In an effort to ensure that our games provide the best possible experience for their players, we allow a small group of dedicated users to view and provide feedback on upcoming content to help us improve the content before we release it to the masses.

If you are interested in providing critical feedback in the development process, click on the Sign Up button below!

this is all the linked site shows to me, and the last "Sign Up!" is a clickable button, but there is nothing else interactive on that page.

but thx ntl for trying to help, as said any help is appreciated, and hopefully someone can find a way how this can be solved

edited September 2019

l

there is no "character tab" when i click the "transfer character" button in my Profile page, it just leads me to the linked site and there the red "sign up!" button that does nothing other than refresh the site -.-

but thx ntl for trying to help, as said any help is appreciated, and hopefully someone can find a way how this can be solved

You have to be log out of the holodeck server. If you are log in the page would not show up. There should be the tab not a red sign up button.
    OPv9m3F.jpg

l

You have to be log out of the holodeck server. If you are log in the page would not show up.

i just right now tryed it, and im not logged into STO, and as said all the linked site show me is this:

Please click 'Sign Up!' below to gain access to the Public Test Server.

Public Test Server

In an effort to ensure that our games provide the best possible experience for their players, we allow a small group of dedicated users to view and provide feedback on upcoming content to help us improve the content before we release it to the masses.

If you are interested in providing critical feedback in the development process, click on the Sign Up button below!

edited September 2019
    From the reddit forum

(by level 3
    ISS_Astara
    ♡ Crossfield

10 days ago
    Hello, I have some news. Last week I consulted Cryptic about the Tribble signup problem, I put out my proof that it was nothing on my side causing the problem (which they thought at first that it was something on my side that wasn't letting me sign up) and now one of the staff members say when the weekend is over they will talk to the rest of the devs about the Tribble situation. They might come out with a fix soon)

So it has been a problem for a while. https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/cohlnk/cant_join_tribble_test_server/
    OPv9m3F.jpg
    thank u alot for forwarding this, very helpful <3