test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wanted: Ways to obtain Uncommon and above Jem'Hadar Bridge Officers

captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
At the moment, the only ways to obtain these BOFFs is through the starting crew or through the Vanguard pack.

This should be changed so that it's possible to obtain these. I can see three ways off the top of my head.

1. Add Jem'Hadar recruitment DOFF assignments. These could be added to the Gamma Quadrant and to DS9.
2. Make them available from Lorriss for x amount of dilithium.
3. Add them to a future Gamma Quadrant fleet holding.

I do think they're required though, and the game would be enhanced (for me, certainly) by their addition.

Cheers

K
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Yes, we're sorely in need of Jem'Hadar BOFF Recruitment assignments for DOFFing.

Cardassians and Romulans/Remans are already available via DOFFing.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    I'm definitely open to new ways to pick up different kinds of boffs.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    How do you find Cardassian BOFF DOFF missions? I don't think I've seen any of those. Or do they only work for Cardassian characters?
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
    @astrorobla The Cardassian BOFF DOFFing assignments work for any character or Faction. I've been able to pick up at least 3 so far myself. As with any BOFF DOFFing recruitment assignment, the race of the BOFF is random, the career of course will depend on the Department the assignment pops up in.
    GrWzQke.png
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    @astrorobla The Cardassian BOFF DOFFing assignments work for any character or Faction. I've been able to pick up at least 3 so far myself. As with any BOFF DOFFing recruitment assignment, the race of the BOFF is random, the career of course will depend on the Department the assignment pops up in.

Do you still have to have the cardassion race to get those though. I have the race unlocked of course but I'm wondering about for those that don't have it? Do they still have to purchase it to receive Cardassions? Or have they changed that?
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Yes, we're sorely in need of Jem'Hadar BOFF Recruitment assignments for DOFFing.

Cardassian Boffs?
    lianthelia wrote: »

Cardassian Boffs?

You can get them from Bridge officer acquisitions. Not sure if you still have to have the cardassion race in order to do it though. Which is what I was asking but yes. You can get Cardassian bridge officers. They added that in with victory is life after they made Cardassians a playable race.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Cardassian Boffs?

You can get them from Bridge officer acquisitions. Not sure if you still have to have the cardassion race in order to do it though. Which is what I was asking but yes. You can get Cardassian bridge officers. They added that in with victory is life after they made Cardassians a playable race.

I didn't know...haven't seen any of those missions pop up

Cardassian Boffs?

I didn't know...haven't seen any of those missions pop up

They are very cheap I think 200 something dil when I looked today at earth space dock. So I don't think you need to do a doff bridge officer quest to get cardassions just got to go to the bridge officer acquisition person and you can get the cardiassions.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @lianthelia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I didn't know...haven't seen any of those missions pop up

The Cardassian Boff Recruiting Assignments seem to be be rarer than Romulan SRO Boff Recruitment.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yes, I'm fairly certain that you have to have bought the Cardassian race option from the C-Store in order for them to show up.
    GrWzQke.png
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I've never seen one of the Cardassian DOFF assignments myself, and I do have the race unlocked. They must be very rare indeed.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    IIRC it only pops in certain space sectors. One of them is the area around Cardassia.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I've gotten all of mine in the Beta Quadrant, including on ESD.
    GrWzQke.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited September 2019
This discussion has been closed.