test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

James Kurland is missing, aka unable to finish

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I am officially frustrated that the Dominion Arc is under "Available" instead of the Episodes now (I nearly made a post because I thought it had been removed entirely, but Googled and found it), only Captain Kurland is missing from Ops for me. I can optionally hail the Enterprise and the Dominion, but James isn't there to complete "Boldly They Rode". Is he somewhere else to complete the mission, is the mission corrupted, etc...can anyone help?

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I vaguely recall posting about problems with this in an old thread in the proper bugs subforum and how I solved it. If you search, you might be able to find it.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    "Kurland not here." :P
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Are you remembering that Kurland is the commanding officer of DS9?
    Where would you have found Sisko if he was in command?
    Or, if Gul Dukat was still in command, where would you most likely find him?
    Did I drop enough hints for you to find Kurland?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I vaguely recall posting about problems with this in an old thread in the proper bugs subforum and how I solved it. If you search, you might be able to find it.

Thank you! I found your post, "What you need to do is go to Sisko's old office (through the door at one edge of Ops) then talk to Kurland who is hiding from you there" and I was able to complete the episode :-)
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    You know, the more I think about it...when I started playing STO, it was after seeing the trailer for the Lost Dominion arc. I know that they're never going to go to the trouble of updating the episodes to include the new DS9 layout, but then I think there are still an episode of two that use the original ESD.

Anyway, since they did a MASSIVE DS9 expansion...why has the Dominon arc, which is totally relevant to that; been removed from the main episodes? It would fit in perfectly and just doesn't deserve to be hidden away, where I actually had to Google to even find it.

I mean, they've created Dominion playable characters, but removed Dominion content? If anything, that should have been incorporated even more.