test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] New Ways to Play Patrols!

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Ok, that's enough for me. It's clear that you're not looking for a polite discussion, but just for a platform to vent your frustration because something - that will not affect you in any way, because you will still run the patrols alone and will be able to finish them (just as I can do it now with a damned level 15 toons that's got TRIBBLE weapons and gears) - is not to your liking.
    Just do everyone a favour and when the system goes live and you'll run it alone... have the courage to come back here and say "ops, sorry, I ranted for nothing".​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I'm interested to see how the new patrol system works out. I'll admit that I was disappointed with a dev response on reddit stating that it's unlikely we'll see mixed space/ground patrols due to the fact that they want to avoid map changes within the patrol system. I feel that having both a space and ground portion adds to the feeling of "immersion." I know it's lame to use that word but an immersive feeling is still fun. And that feeling is broken with the arcade like presentation and feel of 100% space action all the time. And the fact that so many aspects of the game allow you to bypass actually experiencing the map through fast travel. Oh well, we'll see how it works out.

Personally, I am glad that they have at least some space-only patrols since it means I can freely use my Dominion bug in them without having to deal with that vacc-suited thing that goes with it in a ground combat situation. With other factions that would not be a problem though the way the game tends to loose connection during a map change could be problematic during something as short as a patrol if doing it with other players.

If they did do combined space/ground patrols they could avoid problems by warning everyone up front that it is both or have a checkbox to enable/disable hybrid patrols. Another nice touch would be to have it so that if you travel to a patrol in sector space it would automatically pop up as a solo unless you are already grouped in which it would be a team thing without immersion breaking setup popups.

• lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I reserve the right to wait to see this revision of Patrols, only to return at a later date to complain about how awful they are OR to discover that I enjoy them and to never return to post how much I enjoy them because I'll be to busy enjoying them.

That's usually how this works, right? :#
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I'm pretty excited for this! I love running around on patrols, and finding all of the old Klingon War system patrols was a fun time for me. Plus, I'm VERY happy to have more types of solo content being added in!

This is possibly my favourite bit of news so far, though I hope the rewards are at least a little better than extra xp.

You will still NOT be able to replay all the old patrols. New system will only work with Romulan, the Delta Quadrant ones that were not removed during streamlining.. And the 5 new ones they are making.. So... Yeah.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I'm pretty excited for this! I love running around on patrols, and finding all of the old Klingon War system patrols was a fun time for me. Plus, I'm VERY happy to have more types of solo content being added in!

This is possibly my favourite bit of news so far, though I hope the rewards are at least a little better than extra xp.

You will still NOT be able to replay all the old patrols. New system will only work with Romulan, the Delta Quadrant ones that were not removed during streamlining.. And the 5 new ones they are making.. So... Yeah.

Still I think it's nice they made it easier to Q for Patrols, without having to fly around the Space Map. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Has anyone else noticed that, while they've announced one patrol (Sentinels) in the News section, there's a different one being advertised on the launcher? "Rescue and Search." As I write this, the link is dead, however:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11243763
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    all the patrols will revolve around the discovery stuff? just to avoid jula getting mushrooms?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I just hope the patrols still remain short and sweet unlike missions.

However I am not happy that they are choosing to make them DIS based, I prefer it if they remain apart of the games actual timeline.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I prefer it if they remain apart of the games actual timeline.
    Uhh whut?

they are part of the game's timeline. They are all set in 2410.
    To expand while they do involve J'Ula (or J'ula klingon spelling always confuses me, yay for dyslexia) and possibly holo-Stamets
    they are set in 2410 (or 2411 other thing that always confuses me is STO's timeline) after J'ula and her fleet got ported 150 years into the future by her malfunctioning super weapon.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I prefer it if they remain apart of the games actual timeline.
    Uhh whut?

they are part of the game's timeline. They are all set in 2410.
    To expand while they do involve J'Ula (or J'ula klingon spelling always confuses me, yay for dyslexia) and possibly holo-Stamets
    they are set in 2410 (or 2411 other thing that always confuses me is STO's timeline) after J'ula and her fleet got ported 150 years into the future by her malfunctioning super weapon.

According to the ingame stardates it is moved on to at least 2411 or thereabouts from what I have heard, though the devs have not said anything official about it.
  • firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    One word: Brilliant!

I was skeptical about the implementation but was instead surprised the ease of access and the compromise that Cryptic allowed for the travelling and not making this a click hunt. The Patrols themselves are very well polished and while playing the Patrol in the Argala system, felt as if I was actually part of the fight and not just sent to do this on my own. Dodging asteroids and running interference for the Benthans while having to maintain my own firing sector was exhilarating.

Well done ..
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • nightside#8350 nightside Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I made a klingon toon about the same time and was wondering why I was suddenly spammed with missions just sitting there reviewing doffs.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I am very pleased with the patrols - with the enhanced experience especially. They are also not as lengthy as I expected.

I was surprised to see others joining my patrol today. This was negative because I was trying to do damage for endeavor. But in general it's fine as long as I can still start it solo.

Overall I give a solid 'A' for the new patrol system.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm, so far, disappointed in the amount of marks rewarded. I was hoping they'd include the daily bonus feature. I was planning to complete all of them daily to complete my reputation marks for my toons that need it by rotating, but 15 marks isn't worth the time required even if it is a short amount. The other players sharing the Patrols feature sounds interesting & looking forward to. Also, all the patrols are fun to do at least for the 1st time, but with rewarding so little marks not worth redoing daily. I'll just redo the TFO a couple of times I guess which is fun too.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    the no daily mark thing is apparently a bug and 'will be fixed in a future patch™'​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    the no daily mark thing is apparently a bug and 'will be fixed in a future patch™'​​

Oh if that is true that would make a significant difference, & improvement, from my perspective being helpful when trying to have a toon earn marks for Reputations. Thanks, shadowfang240, & I hope you're correct!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    If you're grouped for patrols you can't join as a group via the new event thingy. Same with doing the mission, each member has to join individually.

Not checked via the pve queue tab yet to see if the same thing applies. (Edit: have now checked and joining as a group is not possible, needs each person to join)

The TFO option gets greyed out so it definitely knows that you're grouped although blocking people from grouping for a team mode seems just a tad stupid.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just realized since I have the Dreadnought endeavor... out of 5 new patrols, 4 are behind hidden time gates. only 1 is not, and that is also the only patrol to spawn a Dreadnought. Would be nice if you reworked these patrols to ditch the time gate and just have it spawn a Dreadnought battle group to fight. Would help with Endeavor and get rid of the artificial time gate.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Just realized since I have the Dreadnought endeavor... out of 5 new patrols, 4 are behind hidden time gates. only 1 is not, and that is also the only patrol to spawn a Dreadnought. Would be nice if you reworked these patrols to ditch the time gate and just have it spawn a Dreadnought battle group to fight. Would help with Endeavor and get rid of the artificial time gate.
    Why would you spam patrols for the dreadnought endo? You can get it in one run of HSA.

Timed respawning waves are great for ship XP which is what the patrols are for.
    warpangel wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Why would you spam patrols for the dreadnought endo? You can get it in one run of HSA.

Timed respawning waves are great for ship XP which is what the patrols are for.

As far as I know you only get xp when you leave... and it should be fixed xp. Thou some patrols dont get any xp at all it seems. Sort of hit or miss in xp for me when grinding out these patrols. Also credit for dreads in Ques is really dependent on your DPS... if you cant do enough before it gets melted by some folks... you dont get any credit at all. if I am flying a ship with zero pets and since I dont have epic weapons... yeah sort of hit or miss in ques for kill counts.

Nope... they added/fixed the dil but no daily mark bonus for patrols. 1st patrol you run you get 30 marks & 1k dil then all other patrols back down to the same 15 marks & 500 dil.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    yeah, no TRIBBLE TRIBBLE...don't tell me things i already know!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    yeah, no TRIBBLE TRIBBLE...don't tell me things i already know!​​

The dilithium is nice, but the marks earned is still disappointing. I was hoping you were correct about the marks. I've done them all at least once, but at that mark rate imo not worth repeatedly redoing, for marks that is.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is it a bug or a feature that after I started a new solo patrol, sometimes one or two players join me during patrol? Its annoying :(
    Thanks
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    stlhee wrote: »
    Is it a bug or a feature that after I started a new solo patrol, sometimes one or two players join me during patrol? Its annoying :(
    Thanks

No, patrols are open instances.. if other player enters in the same instance, then they are with you..

BTW, we need a few ground patrols to mix it up a little..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!