test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Enterprise

Will the discovery enterprise eventually end up in the infinity lock box like the temporal light cruiser.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    No, because it belongs to the R & D pack and was not part of a lockbox. The Temporal Light Cruiser is not in the Infinity Lockbox. Only ships and other items join the Infinity Lockbox after the lockbox retires, nothing from the R & D packs every goes there. Last thing, this forum is for bugs associated with the C-Store, Zen, and Promotions. The Feedback forum is more suitable for these questions or the General Discussion section of the forums. @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk Please move post. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    The only Connie variant in the Infinity Box is the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Nope, never.

If you don't want to gamble on opening packs, you can get one with 100% chance of success by buying it from the Exchange. This will be expensive.

- Buy lock box keys with Zen
    - Sell keys on the Exchange for credits
    - Use credits to buy a lock box, lobi or R&D pack ship from the Exchange

You can also get some of the credits by playing the game, especially from Admiralty and Personal Endeavors.

You can also get some of the zen by playing the game, by earning dil, refining it, then using the Dilithium Exchange.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is already in an Infinity, an R&D T6 Promotion Infinity. Just T6 Ships ships to choose from.

From my perspective the odds of getting a T6 from the R&D are better than from a Lockbox. Since Infinity R&D and Infinity Lockboxes were introduced I have gotten ONE T6 Ship Choice Pack from Lockboxes and SIX from the R&D. And that was with far fewer openings of R&D Promotions than Infinity Lockboxes.

However, YMMV.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It is already in an Infinity, an R&D T6 Promotion Infinity. Just T6 Ships ships to choose from.

From my perspective the odds of getting a T6 from the R&D are better than from a Lockbox. Since Infinity R&D and Infinity Lockboxes were introduced I have gotten ONE T6 Ship Choice Pack from Lockboxes and SIX from the R&D. And that was with far fewer openings of R&D Promotions than Infinity Lockboxes.

However, YMMV.

That's true, but the Infinity R&D Boxes are also considerably more expensive then Master Keys. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    That's true, but the Infinity R&D Boxes are also considerably more expensive then Master Keys. :smile:

Also worth more on the exchange. On average a key gets you about 4 mil ECs, give or take. R&D promo boxes trend more towards 10-14 mil.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Temporal Light Cruiser is not in the infinity lock box. It's in the infinity promo pack and the Discovery Flight Deck Cruiser is in there as well.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • direwolfe42direwolfe42 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well that is curious as i got my temporal light cruiser from an infinity lock box two months after the R&D offer was gone and if you look on the infinity lock box list on line the temporal light cruiser is listed there. Thats why I was asking.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @direwolfe42 said:
    > Well that is curious as i got my temporal light cruiser from an infinity lock box two months after the R&D offer was gone and if you look on the infinity lock box list on line the temporal light cruiser is listed there. Thats why I was asking.

No you did not get it from a lockbox. The only Constitution variant in the lockbox is the Kelvin Timeline Constitution. The boxes the TOS Connie comes from do not disappear when the promo ends. And if there is information on the wiki claiming the TOS Connie is in a lockbox someone is trolling, period.

Indeed. I just checked the TOS connie wiki page. There is no mention of "lockbox" in the article at all
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • direwolfe42direwolfe42 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well i didnt buy an R&D pack and i didnt get it on the exchange. I refuse to do either as the prices are out of this world. So how did I get it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    You got from either the "Infinity Promotion! - Research & Development Pack" or "Infinity Promotion! - Duty Officer Pack" and the Discovery Enterprise "Constitution-class Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier" is already in it. /Answered /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.