test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    duasyn wrote: »
    I like the change to the Arena, now people who just want to get their token won't interfere with the endurance people and vice versa. No more asking in chat for 5'n'Die teams. :D

So the infinite people do the 7 round 'warm up' battle then they can queue for the 'real' Arena.
    Also, AFKing now gets you nothing if the rest of the team can't beat wave 7. :D The event version only ends in victory, and you have to make the enemy things die. So if the team sucks hard enough it might take MORE than 20 minutes. :D
    With a good enough build you should be able to sit AFK as NPC's will hit you, you auto target back kill them then auto heal. With a high end enough build it doesn't matter how much the team sucks in the first few waves. I don't expect the boss hardness jump up on wave 7 will be that high if anything the boss will lasts seconds before being killed for those with upgraded gear.

Just start the event, do your summons then go semi AFK. Its why I liked the full version and want to see a higher level version of the event. The first few waves are needed for those new or not with tweaked gear but are meaningless for the older experienced players with upgraded gear. If you are playing with an experienced high end group this is not going be fun or rewarding. It will just be 1 person soloing the map when the others sit around with nothing or very little to do.

If it takes more then 20mins I would say you should work on your build a little more. Ground is very easy, cheap and lightweight to upgrade compared to space.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I like the change to the Arena, now people who just want to get their token won't interfere with the endurance people and vice versa. No more asking in chat for 5'n'Die teams. :D

So the infinite people do the 7 round 'warm up' battle then they can queue for the 'real' Arena.
    Also, AFKing now gets you nothing if the rest of the team can't beat wave 7. :D The event version only ends in victory, and you have to make the enemy things die. So if the team sucks hard enough it might take MORE than 20 minutes. :D
    With a good enough build you should be able to sit AFK as NPC's will hit you, you auto target back kill them then auto heal. With a high end enough build it doesn't matter how much the team sucks in the first few waves. I don't expect the boss hardness jump up on wave 7 will be that high if anything the boss will lasts seconds before being killed for those with upgraded gear.

Just start the event, do your summons then go semi AFK. Its why I liked the full version and want to see a higher level version of the event. The first few waves are needed for those new or not with tweaked gear but are meaningless for the older experienced players with upgraded gear. If you are playing with an experienced high end group this is not going be fun or rewarding. It will just be 1 person soloing the map when the others sit around with nothing or very little to do.

If it takes more then 20mins I would say you should work on your build a little more. Ground is very easy, cheap and lightweight to upgrade compared to space.
    Well, you will get fried by lightning, and IIRC the enemies won't come to you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited August 2019
    pottsey5g wrote: »

Well, you will get fried by lightning, and IIRC the enemies won't come to you.
    You shouldn't be getting fried by lightening in the starter 7 rounds. It doesn't take much to survive the lightening and then to passively heal back to 100%. Its possible to stay in the same spot and ignore the lightening while AFK and not die.

EDIT: To be clear I am talking from the point of view of a long term experienced player. Not someone who is new and still leveling up.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Why are we still advocating AFKing?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Why are we still advocating AFKing?
    From my point of view with a good enough build and autofire turned on there isn't really any difference between being AFK or active in this version of the event. I am not advocating being AFK, getting killed, staying dead until the end. But I don't mind people being AFK and still killing and staying alive.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Darn it they revamp it yet still they didnt get rid of the forced General interaction from the begining, wich is just a unnecessary time waste :( That's just obnoxious and really annoying to force stuff like this on players...
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    done! heeheee
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

With an AFK and Auto attack you can only cover one of four back areas or the center.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2019
    With an AFK and Auto attack you can only cover one of four back areas or the center.
    You only need one person per area in theory you could have the entire team AFK 1 per section. As long as you are in a half decent team there is no harm for someone to AFK in one area and keep it clear while the others go active in another area. The only time I am against someone being AFK is when it harms the team. Some forms of being AFK do not harm the team.

Plus if you do your summons and then go AFK you cover more then one area for a time.
  • galathee23#0738 galathee23 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I find this version of the arena really lame, and we can't even loot the last boss, we are expulsed from the instance immediately. that was my preferate event, always had a lot of fun to do it, except with the afk players, and now, there's no point, except for the rewards, there's no fun, they turned to TRIBBLE the arena. that will be 14 days of boredom. that's how we make the difference between good devs and the others : to remove the fun of a game makes these ones from the second category
    After the EVENT normal Sompek will be back every day of the year until the next Sompek EVENT. You never had it available at all expect for one or two WEEKEND EVENTS per year.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2019
    Nice another double coupon PROGRESS, still may be just short as I'm only at 1150 today. But depending how many I earn during the event I may buy a 500 progress advancement--if I get close enough. :#

If NOT then at least with the event reward's I'll get 14 days to earn a bit of DILITHIUM.

*Still holding out HOPE* that maybe the event might get slightly extended a few days, but you never know, too bad they don't at least offer a 40%, 60%, or 80% off with certain progress... ...but a bit of a after thought grant you. <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Loving the section 31 rifle. Thanks STO :)
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Can anyone tell me how I can earn/buy the Prolonged Engagement Photon Torpedo now?
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    For those not wanting to test their mettle and see how far they can go this is a very nice change for a 14 day grind event. Makes the event short and sweet.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    It won't be extended. You will need that Store Bundle. Now is the time to get it as it 800 Zen on sale. If you are 1150 after running today you can get another 300-400, depending if you can run it early on Monday before the Bonus ends.

There will probably be another Bonus Weekend at the end.

Assuming you only get four Bonus days per Bonus Weekend, that means you will get another 700 from Bonus days.

So far total would be at 1850. That leaves 13 days at 50 or 650 more. That brings the total to 2500. 500 from the Store Bundle makes it exactly 3,000 with NO days off.

If you can do five days per Bonus Weekend you would have a 100 Coupon buffer. If they do not have a second Bonus Weekend, you would be 200 or so short even with the C-Store Bundle.

The prospects are not good unless there is a a second Bonus Weekend, you get the Bundle, and do it EVERY day.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    we can't even loot the last boss, we are expulsed from the instance immediately.
    That bothers me, too. They were already working on it, so why didn't they make it end so that people can collect loot after the last boss is defeated? Always makes me sad to see the blue loot critter go to waste.

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I don't want to be harsh, but the textures of the new weapons are really ugly. they are not 2019 textures, no normal mapping (i don't know if this possible with the old sto engine, but you can simulate this kind of texture), no light reflection. + the weapon scope have just black square, no visuals or something. it's disappointing.

i did the event for the first time, i must say that it is not difficult at all, and funny.
  • galathee23#0738 galathee23 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    defufo wrote: »
    we can't even loot the last boss, we are expulsed from the instance immediately.
    That bothers me, too. They were already working on it, so why didn't they make it end so that people can collect loot after the last boss is defeated? Always makes me sad to see the blue loot critter go to waste.

imagine when it's a purple one, I was pissed
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I think these changes are reasonable.
    Post edited by balarick on
    For those not wanting to test their mettle and see how far they can go this is a very nice change for a 14 day grind event. Makes the event short and sweet.
    Oh there's a sort of challenge to be had here. "How quickly can I massacre 7 waves of enemies?"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    It's really unfortunate that my old computer died right before the first T6 FTFO event and I wasn't able to get a new one until early July. Even if I made sure to do this event literally every 20 hours, on the dot, there's no chance I'd get a free ship. Having done the math, with the 500 boost from the buy-out, I'd have 1950 coupon tokens. Without it, I'd have 1450.

It's unfortunate that either a single event isn't long enough, or doesn't provide enough tokens, to get one ship (I mean, seriously, was neither of those an option?), or you don't get a percentage off based on the number of tokens you're able to acquire (or the closest equivalent, even rounding down, so with 1950 tokens, I might get 60% off, crediting me for 1800 tokens).

I can only hope that the tokens I manage to acquire over the course of this event are kept on my account so that, if by some chance Cryptic decides to do this again at some point, the work I've put into this event will go toward the next event. If not... well, I cross that bridge when I come to it.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Round three seems to be locked in as the lightning round so simply going afk will result in getting nuked by it. likewise round 6 seems to be THE hazard round so simply heading to under the platform to afk won't be the solution to a rapid run either since the beams will wreck anything underneath.

Today I met a couple of groups filled with afkers who sat in the middle and got obliterated. Took considerably longer to complete compared to the old practice of rushing to wave 6 and wiping.

Kind of funny how the change has taken the 5&die concept but made folk think that afking will be faster than actually killing stuff.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Is the FTFO not awarding marks? I have played on 2 characters and I did not get an option to select a mark choice box on either.

i was choosing right when it ended without a box.

it's pretty sweet when many people have the crystals kit module.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• redbofaredbofa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    When does the 20 - hour clock start for the Arena of Sompek?
    I saw Fleet and Omega last night for the different choices. Not sure if there was a Scroll down as I wanted the Omega.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    The clock starts when you finish the first run through for that day.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Round three seems to be locked in as the lightning round so simply going afk will result in getting nuked by it. likewise round 6 seems to be THE hazard round so simply heading to under the platform to afk won't be the solution to a rapid run either since the beams will wreck anything underneath.
    IIRC it's always been like that. the enemies are the only random part.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    I saw Fleet and Omega last night for the different choices. Not sure if there was a Scroll down as I wanted the Omega.

Yesterday I got the full FTFO mark choice popup, so unless there is some weird bug it should be the usual.