test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: The Next Generation Picard Box Set Coming This Fall

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It looks like another of those worthless "box sets" CBS throws on the market. We have a few collections with random episodes from TNG remastered already. They really don't offer much content but repeatedly ask for a lot.

I'm glad I own the complete TNG journey Blu-Ray set and don't feel the need to "collect" all those low effort re-re-re-releases of old episodes and movies.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I know the types of box sets your talking about , I have a couple from before Netflix, but this isn't it.

It has all four TNG movies, it has TNG including threatical versions of a couple of episides, 10 hours of behind the scenes footage, commentaries, and an exclusive 16 page IDW Picard comic. Its over 6 Blue Ray discs, you don't put a mere four or five episides spread out over 4 or 5 DVDs.
    It is still superflous. The only new thing on it are the comnentaries.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    > @angrytarg said:
    > It is still superflous. The only new thing on it are the comnentaries.

It is for you, but if you don't already own something simular, its going to be worth it.
    edited July 2019
    That goes without saying (duh), but I really struggle to understand who this is made for. Star Trek "Veterans" most likely have the show in a box as well as the movie collection (which has seen multiple releases as well already, even as BR). I don't know how much they ask for this "Picard preparation box", but to sell web content like interview commentaries wouldn't be something I'd consider worthwhile.

And someone who really is new to this and happens to start Trek with Picard, which is curious but okay, wouldn't they rather get all of the movies for 40 bucks than some of them and a some show episodes for the same?

Like I said, this is like these random "Borg collection", "Worf's Journey" or "Data Fun Times" DVD/BR boxes. I just question CBS' home release policy 😉
    lFC4bt2.gif
    It's not like this it's all of TNGs stuff + more.