What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Star Trek TV shows I'd love to see

1235»

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    A series focused around the Relativity principles (traveling through time to correct/alter the timeline with the Wells class)
    It's called Doctor Who. Been around for quite a while. I'm particularly fond of the Eccleston and Whitaker runs as the Doctor, although Smith and Baker are fun (and Capaldi was an interesting callback in attitude to the First Doctor, Hartnell, although with a more modern sensibility).

A Star Trek series that is set on a Wells class Timeship would be extremely different from Doctor Who considering that it would involve a larger cast of main characters, each of the main characters plays a significant role in the story instead of just tagging along while the Doctor eventually solves everything, and Starfleet discipline will dictate how the main characters behave. In order to have the Doctor Who version of Star Trek, then it needs to be Star Trek: Q. Q did take a companion in DS9 to go on adventures for a little while.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Call me crazy, I'd just like an "aftermath of the Dominion War" series focusing on the fallout of all that mayhem. There's a gazillion stories you can tell that just focus on people, no time travel or negative space wedgies required.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    Call me crazy, I'd just like an "aftermath of the Dominion War" series focusing on the fallout of all that mayhem. There's a gazillion stories you can tell that just focus on people, no time travel or negative space wedgies required.

I could see it being done if they don't use any characters from previous Star Trek series. Odo and The Doctor might be the only exceptions since they could always use the excuse that they decided to use a different appearance.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    An anthology or pseudo anthology would be neat since you could swap between various skip crews that interact with each other.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    An anthology or pseudo anthology would be neat since you could swap between various skip crews that interact with each other.

That is what Fuller wanted to do, a series of two to eight episode anthologies, but CBS would not go for it or even for the variant of rolling recurring anthologies similar to the way the Columbo, McMillan & Wife, and McCloud set were with TV mystery movies, but with variable lengths and broken up into one hour episodes to avoid the movie restriction.

CBS thought that audiences would not be as invested in an anthology and Moonves was looking for something to anchor CBSAA so they took the one (or several, which would explain the weird structure of season one) they liked best and made DSC out of it (and it seems they took another to make the new Picard show from since Fuller pitched something almost identical to it as one of the anthology set he presented to CBS).

That is what Fuller wanted to do, a series of two to eight episode anthologies, but CBS would not go for it or even for the variant of rolling recurring anthologies similar to the way the Columbo, McMillan & Wife, and McCloud set were with TV mystery movies, but with variable lengths and broken up into one hour episodes to avoid the movie restriction.

CBS thought that audiences would not be as invested in an anthology and Moonves was looking for something to anchor CBSAA so they took the one (or several, which would explain the weird structure of season one) they liked best and made DSC out of it (and it seems they took another to make the new Picard show from since Fuller pitched something almost identical to it as one of the anthology set he presented to CBS).

That is what Discovery was supposed to be? It certainly makes more sense for Discovery's original trailer shown in May 2016 of "New Crews. New Villains. New Heroes. New Worlds." instead of just having Shenzhou in a couple of episodes and Discovery for the rest.
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I would like to see them bring back Voyager. Like a new chapter in the Voyager show. Like where would Janeway be right now would she re command Voyager if she was to explore deep space somewhere?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    I would like to see them bring back Voyager. Like a new chapter in the Voyager show. Like where would Janeway be right now would she re command Voyager if she was to explore deep space somewhere?
    Probably lost, and starting an interstellar war because she attempted first contact with a new species. There's a reason Starfleet kicked her upstairs almost the moment Voyager got back to Earth.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    No thanks.

Janeway's fortunate she's a Mary Sue. It kept her from being tried for treason over the Borg/Species 8472 business, murder over Tuvix, and torture and attempted murder for her conduct in the USS Equinox business.

Kate Mulgrew herself thought Janeway was at least bipolar because her behavior was so erratic.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    Janeway was nothing like a Mary Sue though she (like most of the others in Voyager) was not written for well at all. Her shallowness is probably what fools a lot of people into thinking that she is one, but that was just Birman's weird thing where he insisted the humans be boring so the aliens seem quirkier, and she had none of the other traits of a Mary Sue.

While another show with Kate Mulgrew in it as "admiral Janeway" might be interesting (in fact, it would be perfect for a semi-anthology like the old 12 O'clock high was with its continuing core of regulars in the higher command positions and lead plane but with many of the episodes focused on other, one story, crews) but it simply would not be plausible as another Voyager.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    No thanks.

Janeway's fortunate she's a Mary Sue. It kept her from being tried for treason over the Borg/Species 8472 business, murder over Tuvix, and torture and attempted murder for her conduct in the USS Equinox business.

Kate Mulgrew herself thought Janeway was at least bipolar because her behavior was so erratic.

this is why I like this character. in my opinion, janeway was a very interesting character.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    she's only 'interesting' in that you never know what war crime, crime against sapianity or crime against nature she's going to pull from episode to episode​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited September 2019
    No thanks.

this is why I like this character. in my opinion, janeway was a very interesting character.
    she's only 'interesting' in that you never know what war crime, crime against sapianity or crime against nature she's going to pull from episode to episode​​

While it is true that in her own way Janeway is as ruthless and pragmatic as the crew of the Equinox (probably even more so) and has a wide vengeful streak if you push her too far, it is also true that unlike them she just temporarily bent her ideals as situations came up instead of discarding them entirely so she drew her lines in the sand somewhat differently.

She was actually a very deep character (at least as deep as Cisco) but little of that shows through Birman's squashing down of Voyager into a pale TNG-on-a-road-trip style show, but the flattening makes her sometimes seem erratic instead since the full context never makes it to the screen.
    edited September 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Sisko, Berman.

True, I was typing fast and not checking the spelling like I should have been doing (kind of busy on this end which is why I am in the forum and not the game at the moment). I am so used to writing about the routers and stuff my fingers just picked that spelling :/ And yes, I should have made sure it was the producer and not the cat breed...