test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Star Trek TV shows I'd love to see

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
Star Trek: C.U.V Tain (a show based on Garek's adventures while in Command of the C.U.V Tain, exploring mysteries and Garek's past and interstellar politics).

Star Trek: Enterprise F

Star Trek: Lleiset

Star Trek: Pike

Star Trek: Blackguard (Show about Orion Pirates being forced to save the day, while in a Blackguard Flight Deck Cruiser).

Star Trek: Rise of Logic (mini series telling the Story of Surak and his battles against illogical and the rise of the Romulans ).

Star Trek: Blood of Kahless (tell the story of Kahless).

Star Trek: Universe (tells the Story of the Enterprise J and its Captain Dax.)

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd like:
    1) a series set entirely in the mirror universe
    2) an animated series telling the story of the Romulan War, with as many Enterprise cast members as they can get for the voice acting
    3) either an Enterprise F series, or possibly further into the future for the Enterprise G
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Mestral the Vulcan that stayed on earth, after Carbon Creek. during his years among us, he helped and created a bound with 31 Families. with them, after some time decided to save humanity from itself!

and after all the Centuries he is still around as the Mentor. Eugenics, holosuit ,android and hologram projects, were set in motion to keep his mind.

" Section 31 has no known physical headquarters or base of operations. A select few were chosen to carry widespread knowledge of their activities. "

Section 31 Origin Story, tying into first Time Ships Adventures and Temporal Agents

Season 1 and 2 , 1957 - World War 3
    Season 3 , Eugenics Wars.
    Season 4 , around the first years of the Federation
    Season 5 ... 25th-26th century ,first time ship
    ... 29th first Wells-class ship
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Star Trek: Gary Seven
    Star Trek: Eugenics War
    Star Trek: World War III
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    eugenics WARS - as in, more than one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    eugenics WARS - as in, more than one​​

By that logic, World War II should be called World Wars II. After all, there was the war between Germany and the rest of Europe, the war between Japan and the USA, and maybe a few other wars during World War II.
    it's literally called eugenics WARS, you dumb TRIBBLE!

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Eugenics_Wars​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    it's literally called eugenics WARS, you dumb TRIBBLE!

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Eugenics_Wars​​

So where is the evidence that there is more than one war? Just because it is called something doesn't make it true. After all, calling North Korea the Democratic People's Republic of Korea doesn't make it democratic or a republic.

It was called Eugenics Wars by Bones and Eugenic War by Kirk in Space Seed. We don't know if there is one war for the Eugenics War(s) or multiple wars. Was it a war between Homo Superior vs. Homo Sapiens or did the Augments go to war with each other and the rest of humanity? Only the novel, Eugenic Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh deals with the Eugenics War(s) to any significant degree, but that is not canon even if it is an interesting novel.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Largely because the Augments were not united. So there were wars between them, as well as the war to defeat them, which was also fought on many fronts by many independant groups.

It is only speculation that the Augments had wars between each other. Many independent groups fighting against the Augments and their enslaved armies is still one war of Augments vs Humans.

A Star Trek series featuring Khan would be able to prove if the Augments warred with each other and wash out the taste of Khan in Into Darkness and his magic blood.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    If you take all of the references together it looks like the Augments probably instigated a lot of the conflicts that became WWIII. At this point though it is equally likely that the war stuff could be one big war with several possible lulls, a bunch of brush wars that escalated into WWIII, or a major mutual first strike that exhausted the major powers and led to a series of inconclusive conflicts larger than brush wars but less than something like WWII. Any one of those options could make an interesting series.

There has long been speculation that the "Genisis II"/"Planet Earth" movies were actually Roddenberry's backstory for Earth in Star Trek stripped of all the Star Trek tie ins, with the Tyranians standing in for the Augments (but changed to be mutants instead of the result of eugenics). Not only did they have the Augment equivalent, the Kreeg from "Planet Earth" have a lot of similarities to the movie style Klingons, including makeup that rather resembles the TMP Klingons. A series based on the two movies combined and with the Star Trek links formalized (along with a few timing kinks worked out) has a lot of potential as well.

azrael605 wrote: »
    No it isn't speculation, Spock says it outright in Space Seed. "They soon began fighting amongst each other"

There are numerous ways to fight amongst each other that doesn't involve war. It could be as simple as an Arena fight or something more complicated like political intrigue. Since Augments are supposed to be the superior race, they might have developed a non-violent method to deal with disagreements between fellow Augments. Since we don't have any episodes dealing with 20th Century Augment tyrants, then we don't know how they resolved their conflicts.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Since the Third World War still left Earth habitable afterward, I'd venture to guess it started off something like the war in the tabletop game Twilight: 2000 or the Wet Firecracker War in Heinlein's Future History, where some nukes were launched and destroyed some capital cities and important areas, but nobody shot off their full arsenal for one reason or another (IIRC, TW:2000 had the ones that did fly launched by mutineers on each side, without orders from either the President or the Premier; the Wet Firecracker War just never expanded for unexplained reasons). In the wake of the nuclear devastation of DC, Moscow, New York, and other such first-strike targets, the war would then proceed to be carried out by ground (and air) forces until supplies of weapons and/or soldiers became exhausted.

At this point, of course, we get the Post-Atomic Horror, when some surviving soldiers, still hooked on the booster drugs they took to compete with the remaining Augments, returned home in utter contempt of the civilians who didn't fight and established their own forms of government - briefly, "history" tells us, but there you go. (It occurs to me as I type this that these events could well form the basis of the Federation policy that you don't get to apply for membership until you have a unified planetary government - when the Vulcans made first contact with the group in Montana, these brush wars and little empires were doubtless still going on around the world, and one can imagine the remnants of the Western Coalition begging their alien allies for military expertise and weapons to "bring peace" to Earth. A century or so later, and the delegates from both Earth and Vulcan would be understandably gunshy about being dragged into other species' pacification programs...)

In this scenario, I'd guess the "Wet Firecracker" war spun off of the Eugenics Wars, as governments or local survivors sought to use nukes against the Augment leaders in much the same way as the game Fallout 76 encourages use of remaining nukes against the Scorchbeast infestation. Of course, with Augments being much more intelligent than Scorchbeasts, they'd move to secure the remaining supply of nuclear weapons, which could well be what cut that part of the war short.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

Yes.
    I'd also like to see a Star Trek Destiny based, and an STO based series.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Another one I'd love to see , but this one I know 100% will never be made in our actual universe.

Star Trek: Broken Bodice
    Star Trek: Logic
    Star TrekTrek: Immortal Voyages
    stoyoz wrote: »

Yes.

Extremely doubtful for the STO based series unless CBS puts it in a parallel universe. STO has a set timeline that already contradicts Star Trek: Picard due to "why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?" in the Picard trailer from May while there is no evidence that Picard has ever been an Admiral in STO only an Ambassador.

I hope we never see a Star Trek Destiny based series due to the Destiny novel series using a Deus Ex Machina to get rid of the Borg and providing an idiotic origin to the Borg. A Typhon Pact based series would be interesting
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,972 Community Moderator
    Also they did change the fate of the Enterprise-E to just being MIA. Originally I believe she was listed as destroyed by the Undine.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (no, it was originally MIA - it wound up destroyed in the story bit where data saw off shon during the F's launch)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    stoyoz wrote: »

Yes.

Extremely doubtful for the STO based series unless CBS puts it in a parallel universe. STO has a set timeline that already contradicts Star Trek: Picard due to "why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?" in the Picard trailer from May while there is no evidence that Picard has ever been an Admiral in STO only an Ambassador.

I hope we never see a Star Trek Destiny based series due to the Destiny novel series using a Deus Ex Machina to get rid of the Borg and providing an idiotic origin to the Borg. A Typhon Pact based series would be interesting

I know it's highly unlikely, to say the least. Nevertheless, I would like to see it.
    I also don't see them ever serialising any of the novels, but I would still like to see Destiny. I've never read Typhon Pact, but maybe i'll give it a go. It's seems to be popular around here.
    I suggested it jokingly when DSC was still under development, as appealing to Moonves' obsession with the other franchise seemed to be the best way of getting him to greenlight a new Trek, but after consideration I really would like to see SCIS - Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service. Get a look at how crimes involving Starfleet personnel are handled in the 24th (or 25th!) century. (And no, they shouldn't take the route I took in my stories of using the characters from NCIS and just giving them their actors' names.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    > @jonsills said:
    > I suggested it jokingly when DSC was still under development, as appealing to Moonves' obsession with the other franchise seemed to be the best way of getting him to greenlight a new Trek, but after consideration I really would like to see SCIS - Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service. Get a look at how crimes involving Starfleet personnel are handled in the 24th (or 25th!) century. (And no, they shouldn't take the route I took in my stories of using the characters from NCIS and just giving them their actors' names.)

According to Roddemberry those aren't supposed him happen, star fleet is one big happy family.
    That was Roddenberry during the first couple of seasons of TNG, before he became too ill to keep interfering. Not entirely coincidentally, those seasons contain some of the most boring and contrived episodes of Trek this side of VOY.

There certainly seemed to be no issue portraying things SCIS might want to follow up on in TOS, though - the immortal "Flint" in "Requiem For Methuselah", interstellar transportation (and use as improvised bioweapons!) of tribbles, investigating an attempt to run the blockade of the planet housing the Guardian of Forever...

Remember also that in the various NCIS series, the military member that gets the team involved is frequently not in fact a criminal, although often suspected - it generally starts when someone finds a member's body. So very many episodes of the flagship series, to which my wife is addicted, open with the team discussing something completely irrelevant in the office, when Gibbs comes in with what almost amounts to a catchphrase - "Grab your gear, we've got a dead Marine in <place>."

In my use of SCIS, I envision them as having a relationship with SI that's similar to that between NCIS and the FBI on their show - grudging respect, but not necessarily trust - and the same sort of bordering-on-open-hostility relation with S31 as NCIS has with the CIA. That's why they sent one of their computer experts to assist Grunt while he was being pursued by a rogue S31 agent, but pretty much dropped out of the story after he was recruited by SI.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    > @jonsills said:
    > I suggested it jokingly when DSC was still under development, as appealing to Moonves' obsession with the other franchise seemed to be the best way of getting him to greenlight a new Trek, but after consideration I really would like to see SCIS - Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service. Get a look at how crimes involving Starfleet personnel are handled in the 24th (or 25th!) century. (And no, they shouldn't take the route I took in my stories of using the characters from NCIS and just giving them their actors' names.)

According to Roddemberry those aren't supposed him happen, star fleet is one big happy family.

Actually, the "one big happy family" thing isn't Roddenberry, it is a sarcastic comment from people critical of the "utopian" ideas in Star Trek.

Part of it from Roddenberry saying that the post-scarcity economy would eliminate most of the need for hoarding and "getting ahead by any means necessary" that is responsible for most of the crime today. Without a culture of haves and have-nots there would be a lot less crime overall, along with little or no backstabbing and whatnot in organizations like Starfleet.

The main point Roddenberry wanted to enforce though is that while Starfleet is looser and does not stand on ceremony as much as today's military organizations it still acts with military professionalism. So there was not to be department heads setting up their own petty little fiefdoms, black market dealers below decks, or any other widespread corruption like that. And definitely no heated bickering and fistfights on the bridge or other conduct unbecoming of an officer.

That did not mean it was all sweetness and light with unicorns and butterflies all over either. There was friction between Starfleet and civilian services as shown in "The Trouble with Tribbles" and hinted at elsewhere, and "Turnabout Intruder" revealed a probably small but influential misogynistic clique in the admiralty (a good fan theory is that glass ceiling was the reason Uhura transferred out of operations and into services as her uniform change showed). And of course Kirk and Riley were both involved in a vigilante conspiracy to hunt down Kodos the Executioner.
    I wouldn't actually rely on "Turnabout Intruder" - Janet is almost the textbook definition of the Unreliable Narrator. She says she was excluded from command school because Starfleet doesn't let women be captains - but her actions reveal a psychological profile that makes Harleen Quinzel look good, which seems to me a far more likely reason.

OTOH, Roddenberry did try to go the "all sweetness and light" routine in early TNG, not coincidentally some of the worst episodes of TNG. There could be no conflict among the crew, nor with Starfleet Command, nor with the Federation in general; anyone who disagreed with the greatness of the UFP would be shown to be wrong by the end of the episode, and gently corrected. The show really took off, IMO, when the producers started ignoring Gene's notes.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited July 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    I wouldn't actually rely on "Turnabout Intruder" - Janet is almost the textbook definition of the Unreliable Narrator. She says she was excluded from command school because Starfleet doesn't let women be captains - but her actions reveal a psychological profile that makes Harleen Quinzel look good, which seems to me a far more likely reason.

OTOH, Roddenberry did try to go the "all sweetness and light" routine in early TNG, not coincidentally some of the worst episodes of TNG. There could be no conflict among the crew, nor with Starfleet Command, nor with the Federation in general; anyone who disagreed with the greatness of the UFP would be shown to be wrong by the end of the episode, and gently corrected. The show really took off, IMO, when the producers started ignoring Gene's notes.

True, Lester was not at all reliable, but there were other hints about that too (though it might just be hindsight from her rants in that last episode) if you look for them (which a lot of people did, mostly for justification of the "sexist" allegation the miniskirts stirred up, for thesis papers and whatnot). That kind of clique is unlikely but possible and it does add depth by showing a few small flaws in the ivory tower, so it is rather popular in some fan circles.

Early TNG had a lot of problems, not the least of which was that the writers simply did not know how to handle the weird Macross-like concept the show originally had, but were still unsure how to proceed when it was dropped for the more conventional cruiser approach which left the characters with hazily defined and often duplicate functions since the ship did not separate almost every episode like it was originally supposed to. That was further muddled up by the insistence that they somehow work in the old Phase II scripts that Paramount paid for but so far got nothing out of (except for the pilot which was twisted around into TMP of course).

Roddenberry had his knickers in a twist about how Starfleet in TNG was run more like a corporation than a military organization and did all he could to browbeat the writers into not falling into the sort of "Dallas" backbiting and "might makes right" mode that was popular in dramas at the time (just like it was again only a few years ago). That got him a lot of flack about "ivory tower" stuff but still it helped keep the suds out of the works.

Unfortunately when he tried the same about getting more action and less "space procedural" stuff it just made the brass push back harder and turn it into even more of a technobabble fest that did little but revisit TOS plots in a dull clinical way instead. Fortunately they got most of that out of their system in the first season, Riker grew his beard, the writers found their footing, and TNG started on its way on a less derivative path.
    > @jonsills said:
    > I wouldn't actually rely on "Turnabout Intruder" - Janet is almost the textbook definition of the Unreliable Narrator. She says she was excluded from command school because Starfleet doesn't let women be captains - but her actions reveal a psychological profile that makes Harleen Quinzel look good, which seems to me a far more likely reason.
    >
    > OTOH, Roddenberry did try to go the "all sweetness and light" routine in early TNG, not coincidentally some of the worst episodes of TNG. There could be no conflict among the crew, nor with Starfleet Command, nor with the Federation in general; anyone who disagreed with the greatness of the UFP would be shown to be wrong by the end of the episode, and gently corrected. The show really took off, IMO, when the producers started ignoring Gene's notes.

Bang on, it really never made sense in Starfleet.