test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We're bringing STO's Tribbles to Life!

2»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Just be sure to keep those Tribbles out of Canada. That where the Triticale is. If the Tribbles eat it all today, it will change the timeline and those Canadian scientists will never invent Quadrotriticale. And if they never invent Quadrotriticale, then...
    https://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/123498/
    ...there will be no QT beer.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Just be sure to keep those Tribbles out of Canada. That where the Triticale is. If the Tribbles eat it all today, it will change the timeline and those Canadian scientists will never invent Quadrotriticale. And if they never invent Quadrotriticale, then...

Temporal Mechanics give me headaches vs. Quadrotriticale beer hangover.....

Which is worse?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Temporal Mechanics give me headaches vs. Quadrotriticale beer hangover.....

Which is worse?

Obviously dealing with Temporal Mechanics while suffering a Quadrotriticale beer hangover. The only reasonable way to deal with Temporal Mechanics is drinking Klatchian Coffee.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Would you be able to ask if these tribbles will be available internationally (by way of ordering it from the company in question) after the contest is over?

I ordered the Black Alert Tribble from the company shortly after reading the blog.
    And I live in Australia, so it definitely appears that international ordering/purchase of these Tribbles is supported by the website selling them.
    Given that the contest just started obviously means it's no hinderance to buying a Tribble from the company direct.

Unfortunately, my error of assumption that a Black Alert Tribble was an STO Tribble resulted in the code not being obtained by me.
    So all I'm getting is a Tribble in a plastic carry case and a small plushy Tardigrade.
    Given that this cost me 71 AUD, I'm not going to spend the same amount again for just the code.

I am genuinely confused as to why the Black Alert Tribble is not counted as a STO Tribble, judging from the description on the website:
    Following the Battle at the Binary Stars in 2256, Captain Gabriel Lorca instructed security chief Commander Ellen Landry to conduct a series of tests to determine whether certain fauna could be used against the splintered Klingon houses. While TRIBBLES proved to be of no real tactical advantage in the war effort, some of them reacted positively when exposed to mycelial spores, resulting in a beautiful black-and-aquamarine fur pattern!
    this definitely sounds like the kind of thing the STO development team would have created.

Does anyone have any information on the creative process of the Black Alert Tribble?
    My theory is that STO created the ingame version first and then sent the concept design to TribbleToys to make a real world version.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    Would you be able to ask if these tribbles will be available internationally (by way of ordering it from the company in question) after the contest is over?

I ordered the Black Alert Tribble from the company shortly after reading the blog.
    And I live in Australia, so it definitely appears that international ordering/purchase of these Tribbles is supported by the website selling them.
    Given that the contest just started obviously means it's no hinderance to buying a Tribble from the company direct.

Unfortunately, my error of assumption that a Black Alert Tribble was an STO Tribble resulted in the code not being obtained by me.
    So all I'm getting is a Tribble in a plastic carry case and a small plushy Tardigrade.
    Given that this cost me 71 AUD, I'm not going to spend the same amount again for just the code.

I am genuinely confused as to why the Black Alert Tribble is not counted as a STO Tribble, judging from the description on the website:
    Following the Battle at the Binary Stars in 2256, Captain Gabriel Lorca instructed security chief Commander Ellen Landry to conduct a series of tests to determine whether certain fauna could be used against the splintered Klingon houses. While TRIBBLES proved to be of no real tactical advantage in the war effort, some of them reacted positively when exposed to mycelial spores, resulting in a beautiful black-and-aquamarine fur pattern!
    this definitely sounds like the kind of thing the STO development team would have created.

Does anyone have any information on the creative process of the Black Alert Tribble?
    My theory is that STO created the ingame version first and then sent the concept design to TribbleToys to make a real world version.

It doesn't confuse me, since it's not one of the ones mentioned in the blog, and it doesn't say that it includes the code on their website, either. I'm not saying that there's no ambiguity there, as it does say that it's featured in Star Trek Online. I suppose that this could have been cleared up by adding an "only" before the "including" in the blog.

All of them on the website have descriptions, and nothing from the Black Alert one contains anything unique to STO, so I couldn't say who came up with the idea first, not that it matters.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    From the Tribble Blog:
    Petting this (Black Alert Tribble) will get you 2% extra run speed, and 3% extra maximum health. And that’s not all! We’re adding a new food item, the Sauteed Shitaake, to the Lobi Store for 1 Lobi. If you feed it to the Black Alert Tribble, it’ll create a new Mycelium Tribble! These tribbles give you 3% extra run speed, 5% extra maximum health, and 100% extra movement speed for a brief time after you activate it.

Definitely reads like an official ingame STO Tribble to me.

That's why I think it was extremely foolish and/or incompetent of whomever was in charge of distributing the codes not to attach one to the actual Black Alert Tribble itself, given the promotion is highly connected to this toy.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ronriceronrice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I sure some may like having a Tribble. But I'm Klingon, I would love to have a Targ. It would make a great pet.
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    When will the winners be notified? Will there be a list of the winners?
    ronrice wrote: »
    I sure some may like having a Tribble. But I'm Klingon, I would love to have a Targ. It would make a great pet.

The minature Targ would be all the rage for Klingons. Instead of purring, it gives a contented long growl :)
  • devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 I was informed by support to reach out for further assistance regarding my Tribble. I received mine earlier today and when I looked at the tag on the Tribble, it had no code for the Black Alert Tribble. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance!
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
    Nothing's than a Tribble that eats codes off of tags.

I hope you get help with this issue, chances are that either there was a glitch with the printing of the tag, or it may be an older tribble (pre-code) that was delivered by mistake.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    or you ordered something OTHER than the 4 that have the code​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    @devilkiller98 Which Tribble did you order? And did you contact the toy company's customer service about your issue? Because Cryptic isn't responsible for their merchandise.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I ordered the Gamma Quadrant Tribble and strangely the only order/ receipt I was emailed was the PayPal one?

So Update:

I received my Gamma Tribble today and entered the code which was excepted.
  • canadacjcanadacj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So, if there were only 4 specific Tribbles that had the code, they should have specified that in the post. Mine just arrived today. I grabbed a Large Desert Tribble, and no code was supplied. The only email I got from them was a Paypal receipt. I already have an email sent to them....
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    It did say in the post which four Tribbles come with the code. It also says in the description of the items on the website whether it comes with the code.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    From the Tribble Blog:
    Petting this (Black Alert Tribble) will get you 2% extra run speed, and 3% extra maximum health. And that’s not all! We’re adding a new food item, the Sauteed Shitaake, to the Lobi Store for 1 Lobi. If you feed it to the Black Alert Tribble, it’ll create a new Mycelium Tribble! These tribbles give you 3% extra run speed, 5% extra maximum health, and 100% extra movement speed for a brief time after you activate it.

Definitely reads like an official ingame STO Tribble to me.

That's why I think it was extremely foolish and/or incompetent of whomever was in charge of distributing the codes not to attach one to the actual Black Alert Tribble itself, given the promotion is highly connected to this toy.

An STO Tribble not mentioned in the "Including..." parenthetical above. One created specifically for this promotional partnership, no less. Nowhere in the text, no matter how selectively you edit it, does it say that every tribble type featured in Star Trek Online has the code. It also doesn't say that those in the list of four are the only ones that do, which is why there is some ambiguity.

I personally think that it's short-sighted of them to not make it for every Star Trek Online tribble type, or at least make it clear that it is only for the four mentioned by name, but it's also short-sighted not to go and read the descriptions and then come in and blame everyone but yourself for not looking into the matter.
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Also, is the code for an account unlock tribble?

I got mine today, and since nobody answered this, it is claimable on every character. You can even delete it and reclaim it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited September 2019
    At the time, all I saw was the line below each Tribble which said "featured in Star Trek Online", because I wasn't aware of the pop-up description box.
    This is written below two Tribbles, the Black Alert and the Borg one.
    It was only after authorising the purchase, I had the realisation that I should have ordered a Tribble labelled "from Star Trek Online" to acquire the code.
    Well, we're all humans and to reference the aphorism, if we didn't make mistakes, we'd be something other then human.....

The Temporal Tribble could also lead to confusion, since we have this one in Star Trek Online, but it's not even tagged with either of those descriptors.

In any case, from my perspective, throwing around excuses to dodge giving out the code when they got my money doesn't sit well with me, they got a sale they shouldn't have due to misdirection.
    FYI, it cost me something like 71 AUD for the Tribble, due to exchange rate, so technically, I was paid more then Americans do.
    Whatever is said and done, the first sale from anyone I deal with affects my decision to buy in the future and well, because they generated consumer disatisfaction with their first sale means they've just lost a potential customer and the money from future sales.
    My inner cynic started taking over at this moment and wondering if refusing to issue the code was to "motivate" me to buy a second Tribble when I wasn't planning to.
    Ironically, I was considering getting a second one anyway, but not after this happened to shake my good will!

By the way, the Tardigrade plushy included isn't even an original product, they bought it from this company:
    https://www.giantmicrobes.com/au/products/waterbear.html
    and just resold it.
    The fact that the tag was still attached gave it away, but I suppose they couldn't remove it without getting sued by the company who trademarked/designed the product.