Install Arc

Account Reclaim of Lockbox Ships

genethitamigenethitami Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2019 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
(flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    however. it is pretty calculable, from how much zen we can get 800-900 lobi. so let's say 25k. zen for a second lobi ship could be made an option.

this would increase the ec. exc. prices. for those ships.
    lobi would worth more in ec.
    and could be a dil. sink
  • genethitamigenethitami Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Simply thought it'd be a nice feature beforethe lootbox hammmer refocuses on STO and other PWE games. ^^
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The lockbox hammer is not going to refocus on STO. I understood the furor over the lockboxes for the Battlefront game and EA and all but not this. I do not want to see lockboxes banned instead individual responsibility to reign as well as parental responsibility and not more legislation. Also, I am not for this because lockboxes, along with other things in the game, make them money. Why do all of your characters on your account need to have that ship anyway? Finally, I disagree that the lockboxes in this game have predatory mechanics. I like it how it currently is. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Doesn't really apply to me as the only lock box ships I own were purchased for 3-5m EC each from the exchange. And the only Lobi ship I ever bought was sold on the exchange for a decent amount of EC...back before I found lobi items I decided I really wanted, now I'm wishing I had all that lobi back...sigh.

I think Baddmoon did say something a while back that making lockbox/lobi ships account reclaims has been discussed and at least the result was not a resounding "never gonna happen". Maybe if we keep asking, it might one day happen.

As far as lockboxes themselves go, I definitely think they should award a LOT more Lobi, other than that, they keep this game running. I do my part, I occassionally buy a key ring bundle, use 1/2 of those keys to open boxes, sell the other 1/2 on the exchange so others that don't have any Zen can open boxes if they wish. I always get something from each box, the small amount of lobi that I am after, and on average, enough other stuff that I can sell and get at least as much EC as I would have gotten from selling the keys instead.

If lockbox and lobi ships were to go to account reclaims, I myself would likely buy even more keys, I can always use more lobi anyway and the chance of getting a good, account wide ship would make it worth spending just little more than usual.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    while act reclaim on lock box ship will never happen it would be nice if they gave some option like when you open a lockbox ship you claim that ship on another charcter for 400k dill or something or claim 1500 lobi my biggest problem is getting a ship then not being able to decide who to put it on or opening it and going i wish i had this ship on my other character
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    Bug reporting forum is meant for reporting of possible bugs and is not meant to be a soapbox. If folks want to discuss mechanics like this there are other sub forums available. Please keep all posts in the bugs sub forums related to bugs and reporting them. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.