test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One time change of race

eveyistheoneeveyistheone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Yes people can say - make a new toon - But im sure there are many out there like me that would be so happy with this feature, I have accolades and time invested in said toons and I would love a "one time change of race", be it C-store for 1000 zen, I would happily pay you.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Been discussed before, numerous times. Race is a core part of the toon database and can not be changed, period.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    yes it cant be changed as they have said.
    But my question is given everything else including inventory is able to change. Offer a clone program create a new toon of the desired race and lock that in place then pay for a copy from the desired race change toon.

You would in the course of this have the cloned. And the original would be removed from your account. it would need a small window of time the database copy of said toon will be kept in case of a mistake or item inventory trait skills loss and so on with the clone.

The end result would be you get a race change keep all your items and cryptic makes money in this as i am sure plenty would pay for this including me. Cryptic would need to decide the price that would be needed to have a persons time taken to have it cloned on the back end and charge 2 or 3 times said price.

Needless to say the copy toon would be removed the instant a copy request was placed locking inventory and preventing you from taking items to make duplicates of ships, reward packs ect.

I am sure the reality of this ideal is it will not happen any time soon if ever but i feel the need to toss the ideal out there.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I would assume 'cannot be done' is more 'we don't think the effort worth the reward'. I mean its programming; anything should be changeable with enough time and effort, right?

Obviously, I'd like that option, but I'd settle for making a new character and having all my Bound to Character stuff transferred to that new toon. Having a bunch of expensive lockbox/lobi ships really makes the idea of abandoning a toon for another nearly impossible to contimplate. Glad my main is an Alien. I can pretty much make it look like anything.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    I would assume 'cannot be done' is more 'we don't think the effort worth the reward'. I mean its programming; anything should be changeable with enough time and effort, right?

Obviously, I'd like that option, but I'd settle for making a new character and having all my Bound to Character stuff transferred to that new toon. Having a bunch of expensive lockbox/lobi ships really makes the idea of abandoning a toon for another nearly impossible to contimplate. Glad my main is an Alien. I can pretty much make it look like anything.
    Yes pretty everytime when talking about simple code changes "it cannot be done" should be read as "it cannot be done practically even if it's technically possible".

there's so many connection points between "race" and other things in the character database, each which is a potential point for a gamebreaking bug should they try to mess with those, that it's simply not practical for Cryptic to try to give us a race change or so they've explained things.