test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar builds effective in 2019

gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
I just got back and things change in this game as they always do. I found a solid build on reddit, the problem was it used TRIBBLE lock box weapons. From the discovery lock box. So I am looking for a solid build that does not involve lock boxes. The debate in my mind is between cannons and beam arrays. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The performance gap between Sensor-Linked Disruptors and regular Disruptors, while nice, isn't huge enough to invalidate the build if you just stuck on regular old crafted/drop/Fleet Disruptors with good mods ( [dmg] and/or [CrtD] ) of the same Mark and rarity instead.

Dual Heavy Cannons have a higher DPS ceiling, but you need to be able to line them up which can be a bit hard on Scimitar, particularly if you left before the Competitive Wargames Reputation Engines came out.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it. So let me run this by you guys. Dual Cannons, with one wide arc dual heavy cannon, and then turrets in the back. One torpedo bay in the front and aft. Thoughts?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    gaalom wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it. So let me run this by you guys. Dual Cannons, with one wide arc dual heavy cannon, and then turrets in the back. One torpedo bay in the front and aft. Thoughts?

At the moment Cannons/turrets are the way to go in PvE. For disruptor you also have the mega strong Terran DHC as special reputation weapon you could ad. It usually parses 1.5 times higher than the rest. The counter command reputation turret with the console as 2 piece is nothing to sneeze at either. :)

As for torpedoes I would lose them unless you want them for thematic reasons or whatever as build-buffed cannons will outdo them easily in most PvE situations.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Thanks guys for the help.