test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Toronto is the Star Trek Hub

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
https://amp.cinemablend.com/television/2475210/star-treks-alex-kurtzman-gives-updates-for-every-star-trek-project-on-the-way

So all the Star Trek Shows except Picard, will be shot in Toronto.

Clearly Alex Kurtzman is a big fan of Toronto's.

Its no accident that both Pinewood Studios which is owned by Bell Media which is the Canadian Carrier of Discovery and Picard is expanding Pinewood and CBS is building its own Studios in Toronto.

So as someone who was born in Toronto and who lives in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area , not Grand Theft Auto dang it you'd be surprised how often I've had to explain that to people).

That means Discovery, Short Treks, Section 31, a possible Pike series, Starfleet Academy, ect..., I don't know if this say includes voice over for the animated series coming out or not.

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Cool. I'm also in the GTA and frequently yell at people "This here's a Star Trek Town!" Makes me feel good.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Vancouver was the go to place on the West Coast for many shows that used to be Hollywood based.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    Vancouver was the go to place on the West Coast for many shows...

Like Stargate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Vancouver still sees a lot of sci fi TV shows like CW stuff, Sabrina I think too. It also had Lucifer, so my 2nd favourite Canadian city is doing good too.

But Toronto is an major Movie and TV up and comer. They are builting tons of new studio space and I mean alot.

Once things are in full swing that will be Discovery, Section 31, Starfleet Academy (really looking forward to this one, I think we will get alot more sex appeal in that one, my instincts say its going to be Star Trek CW style) , and maybe even a Pike series.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Toronto should open up a Star Trek theme park on the Waterfront .