test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Coffer System & Fleet Store Provision Quality of Life improvement ideas

crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
I can't remember if this has been thrown around before or not, but I was wondering if the fleet coffer system might be able to get some additional entries. Currently, it's focused on the colony with the provision projects for luxury, ore, and batteries. That does come in mighty handy for fleets grinding up toward their maxed out Tier-5 colony. In truth, though, it would be nice to see that cap increase double, especially with the Tier-5 upgrade projects eating 306,000 provisions each.

With the coffer system in mind, I was trying to think of ways for fleets to be able to have some help in leveling up their fleet holdings.

What about something similar for the other holdings, that will contribute resources needed for improving the fleet holdings? As one idea, have fleet-only dilithium come from the dilithium mine, that can ONLY be used for fleet holding projects. Cap this out at like 30 million, for fleets working on lots of projects at once. Like the colony coffer, the higher the dilithium mine, the more dilithium that gets generated per day. The only difference being that for fleets that don't have their dilithium mine even leveled up (ie, Tier-0), they get at least a little bit generated to help them get on their feet with fleet holding building, like maybe 1,000 - 2,500 per day. This will drastically go up as the dilithium mine is upgraded. Max it out at like 20,000 - 30,000 per day when fully upgraded.

Have also something similar with the other fleet holdings, like maybe fleet marks and fleet-only energy credits on the starbase. Have no limit on the max fleet-only energy credits and fleet marks. Tier-0 starbases would only generate a trickle of fleet marks and fleet-only energy credits, like maybe 10-20 fleet marks per day and 2,000 - 5,000 energy credits per day while that amount drastically increases as it levels up.

Have fleet-only civilian duty officers on the embassy. The starbase could give duty officers for departments based on the three sub tracks on the starbase, ie tactical / security officers with the Military line, engineering / operations officers from the Engineering line, and science / medical officers from the Science line. For those starbase / embassy fleet holdings that are at Tier-0, maybe give 1-5 duty officers per day, and have this increase as each tier goes up. Probably cap this out at 500 per officer type.

Any and all of these coffers can be contributed to by fleet members as they so choose as they have the availability to be able to contribute as is the case on the colony.

Fleet Store Provisions

Another idea is to be able to auto-generate the fleet store provisions. This could be a project that, like on the colony where there is a bonus provision project for each Morale tier that gives a small bonus to fleet provision projects when they're run. With each successive tier, this gets auto-upgraded to produce more. Do something kinda similar with the other fleet holdings that allows them to auto-generate fleet store provisions. I suggest this as I'm sure at least some of us have been in that boat of going to our respective fleet's store to buy some equipment after working to get enough resources for it, only to find that the fleet store provisions are empty, and nobody being on who can slot the provision projects, and end up dumping said resources for the equipment into the provision project instead when it is slotted. This way, the likelihood of the fleet provision store buying credits being empty is drastically reduced.

These are just a few ideas I have been thinking on while playing, and seeing different challenges faced especially by smaller fleets.
Lifetime Subscriber since 2010

Comments

• awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I agree that dilithium mine that it should generate some fleet only dilithium, but I disagree with the amounts.
    I think at teir 1 it should generate 1000/day and at teir 3 3000/day with a max amount for the coffer/bank being at 250000 to 500000 at most so at least it does not take 6-8 months for smaller fleets to at least complete an upgrade. considering it seems like everything you do in this game revolves around dilithium and with a player only being able to refine a max of 8500 a day. Unless your a life time member then you can do a doff mission at the accademy for an extra 1000 every 2 days which I think is kinda stupid to make life time members goto the academy and do a doff mission to refine extra dilithium instead of just adding 500 to the manual update you can do from any where.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I was debating on the amounts for the dilithium auto-generation. To be fair, the high level upgrades eat up a metric ton or more of dilithium. As one example, the T5 individual colony upgrades eat up over a million dilithium per, with the main T5 upgrade... I think close to 2.5 million, give or take? I also took into consideration that not everyone will be able to get up to that magic 8k per day dilithium refined because of various factors, including not being able to be on long enough to earn that much dilithium to refine.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010