test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difference between Burnham's CQC Armor and CQC Enviromental Suit?

I have been playing around with the new Rep items on the Tribble server. if you look at Tier 5 of the rep, you will see Burnham's CQC Armor, and Burnham's CQC Enviromental Suit, however when looking at the two items on tribble, it seems they both share the exact same stats, the only difference being that the Enviromental Suit functions as an enviromental suit (duh :tongue: ) so what is the point of the armor? does it have anything unique about it that i have not noticed, or is there no reason at all to go with it instead of the enviromental suit?
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.

Comments

• toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Dude, I totally agree with you. It looks like both suits are part of Burnham's Resolve, so either one will work. Why would any one want just the armor when they could have that AND an environmental / space suit as well? It doesn't make sense, does it? But I am reading the same thing you are. I'm going for the EV suit, absolutely !!
    Oh man!! I just realized why you would might want both. The EV suit will be visible when you are wearing it. You will want your regular outfit visible when you're planet side and the body armor will allow for that. The EV suit won't. But the stats on both are still pretty cool any way and they both work in Burnham's Resolve. I would try to get both so you have all of the perks both on the ground and in space.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Oh man!! I just realized why you would might want both. The EV suit will be visible when you are wearing it. You will want your regular outfit visible when you're planet side and the body armor will allow for that. The EV suit won't. But the stats on both are still pretty cool any way and they both work in Burnham's Resolve. I would try to get both so you have all of the perks both on the ground and in space.

Whenever you are wearing an EV suit, you can bring up your inventory and right click on your equipped EV Suit. You select 'Disable Visuals' and you can wear the EV suit without the visual. The visual only returns when you activate the EV feature of the suit.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Oh my God !! Do you mean you can maintain all of the EV suit stats without the visuals as long as it isn't activated for environmental use? So you DON'T need to purchase both the armor and the EV suit? Please tell me if I'm understanding that correctly and thank you sooo much for the info !!
    Oh my God !! Do you mean you can maintain all of the EV suit stats without the visuals as long as it isn't activated for environmental use? So you DON'T need to purchase both the armor and the EV suit? Please tell me if I'm understanding that correctly and thank you sooo much for the info !!

That is absolutely correct.
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User

That is absolutely correct.

that begs the question then: why in the world does the armor version even exist? i suppose it might be for costume unlock.
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
    I don't know why the Armor version exists.

Right now, it appears to be completely pointless. I assume they put it in for a reason.. I just don't know that reason.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Right now, it appears to be completely pointless. I assume they put it in for a reason.. I just don't know that reason.

We have not been given anything official here but rumor has it that cryptic could release a dedicated EV suit slot for our characters in the foreseeable future.

If they do the players could enjoy not having to re-equip when needing an EV suit while cryptic could enjoy selling us almost the same stuff twice. :|
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User

We have not been given anything official here but rumor has it that cryptic could release a dedicated EV suit slot for our characters in the foreseeable future.

If they do the players could enjoy not having to re-equip when needing an EV suit while cryptic could enjoy selling us almost the same stuff twice. :|

It is not a rumor, it is going to happen according to livestreams and other outlets.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • paulbowmanpaulbowman Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Any idea when this would occur?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    September 10th maybe? Or some later date to be determined?
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    September 10th maybe?

No official word on a release date atm IIRC it's being worked on but was not ready to be announced during last Ten Forward Weekly stream (beyond the "being worked on but no ETA at this point" part).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I wasted 5 elite tokens =0 good thing it was for only 1 toon.