test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to claim owned T6 ships on new toons.

madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
edited May 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
With reference to the following news post here -> https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138733-command-tier-6-ships-at-any-level%21

I have tried several times, both before the 23 May 2019 patch and after and I am still unable to claim any owned T6 ship on a newly created Discovery toon that has completed the tutorial (DSC Federation = “Reporting In"). When I try, I get the message that I "do not meet the requirements for this item." The item (in this case the item is the "Gagarin Class Miracle Worker Ship" - but this is true of all T6 ships I own) shows as being "available", but is greyed out.

After a Discovery toon has reached Earth Space Dock in the 25th Century, this no longer becomes a problem and T6 ships can be claimed. BUT this is counter to what was said in the news post.

I have tried asking for GM help on this matter. I have submitted bug reports. Various members of the player base have stated this is a deliberate restriction. Again, this is counter to the linked news post. It should be noted that it is possible to reclaim ships from the events tab of the Reputation Store. Just not ships from the C-store.

So basically my question is this: is this a bug? Or have they placed a restriction on DSC toons?

For any Devs or GMs see tickets #4,867,309 & #4,867,339
People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
Post edited by madhatch1971 on

Comments

• madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Having played around a bit, I've found the same problem exists when you create an AOY toon as well - you are supposed to be able to make use of any T6 ship once you have completed TOS Federation = “Explore Earth Spacedock”. Again, this is not the case.

Event ships, reclaimed from the Reputation Store, such as the T6 Vulcan T'Pau Scout Ship, and the T6 Vorgon Ytijara Dreadnought Cruiser can be claimed and used straight away.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Yeah, I made a post about this a couple of weeks ago, but had no response about it.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    The silence regarding this is weird. The only reply I've had is that this was fixed in the 23 May 2019 bug fixes, but clearly it hasn't been - and wasn't even listed as needing fixing.

Also weird that ships from the Rep Store work no problems, but not the C-Store. Clearly there is no restriction because of the era you're in - I was able to use the T6 Bajoran Interceptor in the Discovery era, and TOS era.