test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Visuals not working

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
edited May 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm trying to put a shield in the visuals on my Y'tijara so that I can get rid of the Bajoran visuals, but the slot is not accepting any kind of shield. Not regular shields, not the reman, not the paratrinic.

Nothing. All I get is a message saying that item does not go there.

Ok, nm, I just disabled the visuals on the shield. Thanks.
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D

Comments

• darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Just to let you know, only shields with visuals can go into the visual slots, items without visuals cannot be placed into the visual slots.

Full list of items with visuals are at https://sto.gamepedia.com/Visual_Slots
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, I looked it up when I couldn't get one. As you can see I did try the Reman shield from Coliseum and that didn't work either.

I think I remember using it on another character awhile back and it worked. Now it doesn't.
    Just to let you know, only shields with visuals can go into the visual slots, items without visuals cannot be placed into the visual slots.

Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    That is odd that the reman shield does not work. I have that shield and I have been using it in the past

Haven't used it since the Rise of Discovery patch though.

I'll have to check that out and get back to you on that.
    It is possible that somehow, the space will only work with vanity shields now. Just a suggestion, since vanity shields are a new addition.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I have just checked it, and the Reman shield works fine in the visual slot. Just a question, is your shield the "Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array" or is it "Reman Advanced Prototype Covariant Shield Array"?
    It's the prototype from the Mission Coliseum, and it is on the list for shields that should work.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited May 2019
    Have you tried to upgrade the shield?

That should automatically change it into the advanced version even if you don't actually upgrade it.

Then it should work.

Give that a try.

If not then you might have to file an actual bug report in-game if you haven't already.
    edited May 2019
    Okay, I'll try that. I don't think I've upgraded it, I just had it on one of my shuttles since I don't like to throw away mission rewards.

Hmmm, seems I did upgrade it all the way to XV. And now it works. Still, I just wanted to disable the visuals so I could change the colors of the ship. It's back on my Yellowstone now.

Ah well, things work in mysterious ways sometimes.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Well, good to know everything has worked out for you

Which is kind of an annoyance. I'd love to put generic stuff there so there would be no visuals, no matter what gear is actually on the ship.

You do know that you can disable visuals, by right clicking on the item and selecting "Disable Visuals" right?
    No, likely he didn't. He's come back after a long absence.

It was something I didn't know either till I tried it. And I've been playing since LoR.
    Now a LTS and loving it.