test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Triple Cross"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starfleet has been digging up technological wonders after the discovery of Yard 39. In our latest fiction blog, we discover that they aren't the only ones looking for century-old ships.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11157033

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Also nice to see him TRIBBLE up. ;) (Admittedly, I think he already did do so in the Klingon story arc. My Klingon Captain blows up several Starfleet vessels that he calls in to delay me. That was really, really dumb of him.)

Section 31 as the untouchable unbeatable entity never sits well with me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    S31 lockbox?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Vague references to Section 31 technology handed over to Starfleet, it sounds like it. Does it come with a "Klingon" in an meat suit?
  • orcandenorcanden Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Great story. I can see this as a lead-in for Control coming to 2410.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Could be interesting
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
      thay8472 wrote: »
      S31 lockbox?

That's what I'm thinking.

*DISCO S2 SPOILERS*

I REALLY hope that Control isn't hiding on that disk.
    • captainhaseocaptainhaseo Member Posts: 52 Arc User
      i hope the ship coming to the game is
      3222f8dbd5f97db12ac55b624486cf63.png

or im going to be sad lol
    • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
      And now we get to deal with the people somehow even MORE edgy than the Mirror Universe...which we're dealing with already because "Killy" is still a living antagonist.

I can't wait for a crossover Mirror 31 lockbox, featuring all-black outfits covered in knives, eyepatches, goatees, and a "lawless attitude that does what Starfleet don't". Brilliant.
    • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      gilion wrote: »
      thay8472 wrote: »
      S31 lockbox?

That's what I'm thinking.

*DISCO S2 SPOILERS*

I REALLY hope that Control isn't hiding on that disk.

I don't think it is at the moment. But left open just in case.

"A centralized AI uplink that didn’t seem to connect to anything, now."
    • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
      How is Lt. Commander VanZyl still a Lt. Commander? After the Klingon arc, Delta Rising, Iconian War and several conflicts since then? There should be plenty of opportunity to advance. She should be a Commander or Captain at least.
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
      sierra078 wrote: »
      How is Lt. Commander VanZyl still a Lt. Commander? After the Klingon arc, Delta Rising, Iconian War and several conflicts since then? There should be plenty of opportunity to advance. She should be a Commander or Captain at least.
      Harry Kim was an ensign for seven years, and is still only a captain today. Nog was commissoned Lieutenant during (IIRC) the last season of DS9, and he's just a captain too. When compared to these, LCDR VanZyl just doesn't have the time in grade to be considered for promotion. That's what happens when one of the species responsible for creating Starfleet has an average lifespan of over 250 years.
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      The only way she can advance in rank is for you to create a VanZyl Character. She'd be a Fleet Admiral in two or three days. ;)
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Given what happened to her in DR, it's possible she's not been active for medical reasons.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
      I enjoyed this story. It seemed longer than other stories, but still enjoyed reading it. There does seem tobe some hints throughout it too.
    • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
      Just shows how Section 31's just a bunch of gargoyles who horde the good stuff for themselves first.

And that you can trust Drake as far as I could throw him.
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      jonsills wrote: »
      Harry Kim was an ensign for seven years, and is still only a captain today. Nog was commissoned Lieutenant during (IIRC) the last season of DS9, and he's just a captain too. When compared to these, LCDR VanZyl just doesn't have the time in grade to be considered for promotion. That's what happens when one of the species responsible for creating Starfleet has an average lifespan of over 250 years.

Are you sure we did not become Fleet Admirals in a year and a half because we are just that Special? ;)
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      Post-ENT Trek's mad passionate love affair with unaccountable ultranationalist terrorist deep state groups continues apace, I see.

> @disqord#9557 said:
      > And now we get to deal with the people somehow even MORE edgy than the Mirror Universe...which we're dealing with already because "Killy" is still a living antagonist.
      >
      > I can't wait for a crossover Mirror 31 lockbox, featuring all-black outfits covered in knives, eyepatches, goatees, and a "lawless attitude that does what Starfleet don't". Brilliant.

Also this.
      Post edited by starswordc on
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      It would be nice having a mission arc on taking down Section 31
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
        Actually when we first meet VanZyl back during the Klingon Arc, she's only a Lieutenant. Next time we see her in Delta Rising she's a Lt. Commander.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
        And now we get to deal with the people somehow even MORE edgy than the Mirror Universe...which we're dealing with already because "Killy" is still a living antagonist.

I can't wait for a crossover Mirror 31 lockbox, featuring all-black outfits covered in knives, eyepatches, goatees, and a "lawless attitude that does what Starfleet don't". Brilliant.

Ooooo.... Mirror Section 31. I'd not considered this possibility. Bring it on! :mrgreen:
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
        Somewhere along the line, Rautert’s CO said, "The next time Drake asks Rautert to join S31, she needs to say yes."
        f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
        Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Ooooo.... Mirror Section 31. I'd not considered this possibility. Bring it on! :mrgreen:

Maybe they are the honest ones, in that dimension. :*
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
        Mirror Section 31 would be Section 13.
        'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
        Judge Dan Haywood
        'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
        l don't know.
        l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
        That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
        Lt. Philip J. Minns
      • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
        Would Mirror Section 31 be the Diplomatic Corps lead by Sugihara in the Mirror Universe?
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
        It would be nice having a mission arc on taking down Section 31
        Taking down Section 31 would likely be impossible. They have no central command or leadership, they are a bunch of cells who don't even know who the other cells are, and they have been operating for well over 200 years at this point. You could very likely spend decades hunting down Section 31 cell by cell, and never be really sure you got them all as they would inevitably make more cells, recruit more members, and go even further underground then they are now.

In all honesty, you have a better chance of totally dismantling the Orion Syndicate then taking down Sec 31, and the Orion Syndicate is unlikely to go down in any foreseeable future.

Exactly.

Only way I could see "taking down" Section 31 being possible is convincing them to become an official black ops division of Starfleet Intelligence, which they sort seemed to be in DSC era.

In my personal headcanon, something happened between 2250s and "modern time" that caused Section 31 to become a rogue orginization with no connections to UFP goverment, well no sanctioned connections anyway (thus explaining the difference between section 31 in DSC and DS9).
      • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
        ltminns wrote: »
        Mirror Section 31 would be Section 13.

Nice :mrgreen:
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
        Section 13 runs around undermining all of Mirror Starfleet's worst operations, secretly convincing people to be nice and do the right thing. Drake is actually head of Mirror Starfleet Operations; Section 13 is run by a rogue Trill named Quinn. :wink:
        Lorna-Wing-sig.png