test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Discovery Legends Reputation!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Soon, you'll be able to access the Discovery Legends Reputation, and gain costumes, weapons, kit modules and more inspired by the heroes of Star Trek: Discovery! Coming May 14th with the launch of Rise of Discovery!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11152283

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Does anyone find these reputations enjoyable?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Was hoping for more mines but the Quantum and hull regen bits look interesting. Always liked the idea of a heavy beam even though I am not a beam fan, its a good idea. Not sure what to make of the ground parts.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    No , too many too many months of grind if you want it for all of your toons, 8 to 10 toons is not fun to grind reputation
    on. To do this on 9 characters takes literally months of grinding both the rep assignments themselves AND the pve for marks. I have already done this with 5 and it was exhausting between the time it took on marks AND the grinding for the rep to complete to tier 6. I will no longer be doing reputation, it takes way too much time and way too much stress to handle, not to mention that while i am doing the above i cant run missions since my day has to be devoted to marks grinding for reputation. It would help if we only had to do reps on one toon and the rest can be sponsored to tier 6 without grinding.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So close to a mind-invading psionic weapon, yet so far. Oh well. At least a few of the toys here seem interesting.

And a couple seem overpowered cough cough instant revive cough cough
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    It may only be concept art right now, but the armor looks nice so far. Really interested in that Space Weapon set though.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    You forget how much stuff a reputation can give until you see it all listed on one page.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Does anyone find these reputations enjoyable?

If the rep had come out with the first Discovery stuff, we'd be done with it by now. Hopefully, they won't 'force' everyone to go back and grind out old DSC TFOs just because it's the only place to get marks.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Just another grind and eventual nerf.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well all second and beyond playthroughs on Episodes are considered Mission simulators but we still have access to the special rewards, so Binary Stars should be included.

Hopefully after a month or two, the Discovery Marks will be added to other Marks Choice boxes. The other Reputations did the same, with the notable exception of the Gamma Reputation that was kept out of them for an extended time. That was both because they were working on Reputation Tier 6 code and to make the upcoming Discovery TFOs to be more appealing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    All out of ideas?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    @ambassadorkael#6946 the tiered reputation traits seem to have a few cut n paste copies of the same thing multiple times. Intended? Like these traits with different names but the exact same text stack, or cut n paste fail?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yeah, kinda wondering why the marks are in, what are now, old queues. It makes story sense, it's just that at this point players have grown bored with the Discovery queues. Now here comes the Discovery rep many months later, and the only (likely) way to get the marks will be to play the old, boring queues.

This will launch the week after the current queue event, Operation Riposte, ends. However, we'll get to play it even more in order to get the marks for the rep. Color me unimpressed. I'm already sick of the queue as it is and now I 'need' to run it more to get the Discovery marks.

Maybe someday, but for now, I think it's time I take a break from the day to day grind that is STO. I'll be back for the next event queue to help build up for the free T6 ship and of course for the summer event and the new T6 Risian Corvette. But even then, it'll be log in, do event, log out. I feel little reason to PLAY the game anymore. So few new story missions and huge breaks between even those minor releases.

Granted, real life concerns are eating more into my free time so that may be the biggest factor to my disinterest in STO anymore. I won't complain too much about the quality of the releases, as the story missions are usually really good. Even some of the recent queues have been good, but interest in them gets quashed quickly due to the grind events that seem to accompany them.

I do look forward to seeing what comes next and hope it'll be something to rekindle my interest in the game. Time will tell.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    So the 2nd rep to have dual beam banks... new enviro/space suit also 2nd same rep to have a space suit... not sure if 3 piece bonus will be of any use on a boff... sorry but hand to hand combat on boffs... is it any good at all?
  • istalon1istalon1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Please, PLEASE add something that makes levelling the reputations more bearable, though. For example a 10 day reputation project for 10 times the cost and rewards of the 1 day project, or an option to autoreslot and autofill the 1 day project as long as one has the required marks.
    The increase of the maximum tier from 5 to 6 was already unbearable with all of the reputation projects on 10 toons. If I have to do it again for 100 days to max out this rep, I'll probably just ignore reputations now.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Is it possible to save up boxes to get a bunch of tokens on the first day? like during a bunch of randoms TFOs, and then opening them on the 14th and getting the rep items then?

Im going to assume that 'battle of the binaries' will have this added to it?

Choice of marks boxes usually do not include newly released rep marks. Even if they do, it'll likely be coded so only boxes received AFTER the new rep was released will include them. There are players sitting on hundreds of mark reward boxes from the random queue system as well as all the ones from the Endeavor system. So I can't see the devs allowing players to be essentially done collecting the marks on day one.

Then again, this is a rep that will involve queues that are "old" so they might actually allow it. *shrug*
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I noticed this blog mentions Defense of Starbase One, the two Pahvo TFOs, and Operation Riposte, but what about Battle at the Binary Stars for Discovery marks and elite marks? Is that one just excluded because its the only one that outright mentions its a simulation, or is it an accidental omission from the blog?

Does Battle of Binary Stars have an Advanced or Elite version by now? If not, that might explain why they don't mention it, it's already a Choice of Marks mission, and Normal Queues don't give you Elite Marks.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Does this means that the past TFOs might come back permanently?

I enjoy the ground Pahvo Dissention but is no longer available to players. Hope we can access it so we have more ways to grind this rep...otherwise will be boring to do the same stuff over and over again.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited May 2019
    @ambassadorkael#6946 the tiered reputation traits seem to have a few cut n paste copies of the same thing multiple times. Intended? Like these traits with different names but the exact same text stack, or cut n paste fail?
    Its the exact same with most every other rep.

One is the space version, one is the ground version.

ahh hell thats what I get for reading it just after waking up. For some reason I was thinking ground/space versions on the same tier, but they never are

edit:
    can say hell or damned but not c r a p??? the censors around here need a good flogging
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Timing, Cryptic folks, timing...

Not only will this come after several weeks of successive grinds, but it also concerns PvE queues that have been there for months and people may have already grown tired of.

What is it gonna be next? Control reputation and to get the new marks, you need to play the Borg queues again and again after playing them hundreds of times already?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    istalon1 wrote: »
    Please, PLEASE add something that makes levelling the reputations more bearable, though. For example a 10 day reputation project for 10 times the cost and rewards of the 1 day project, or an option to autoreslot and autofill the 1 day project as long as one has the required marks.
    The increase of the maximum tier from 5 to 6 was already unbearable with all of the reputation projects on 10 toons. If I have to do it again for 100 days to max out this rep, I'll probably just ignore reputations now.

I have a solution if you don't want to the Discovery rep on 10 toons.

Just focus in on one toon and get them up to T5. At tier 5, the rep will apply account wide sponsorship to the other 9 toons, so the grind for them is only 20 days to tier 5, 50 to tier 6 total.

Upon tier 6, there will also be a project unlock for an account wide discount of all gear.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I haven't reached T5 in the Gamma reputation on any of my chars yet. So... 😄
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • istalon1istalon1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @vegeta50024 said:
    > istalon1 wrote: »
    >
    > Please, PLEASE add something that makes levelling the reputations more bearable, though. For example a 10 day reputation project for 10 times the cost and rewards of the 1 day project, or an option to autoreslot and autofill the 1 day project as long as one has the required marks.
    > The increase of the maximum tier from 5 to 6 was already unbearable with all of the reputation projects on 10 toons. If I have to do it again for 100 days to max out this rep, I'll probably just ignore reputations now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have a solution if you don't want to the Discovery rep on 10 toons.
    >
    > Just focus in on one toon and get them up to T5. At tier 5, the rep will apply account wide sponsorship to the other 9 toons, so the grind for them is only 20 days to tier 5, 50 to tier 6 total.
    >
    > Upon tier 6, there will also be a project unlock for an account wide discount of all gear.

True, but that still means that one toon has to grind for 70 days (I forgot that the bonus applies to the character who reaches level 5 first as well) and the others for 50 days, starting on day 40 of the grind. That still means that it's a 90 day ordeal all things considered
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have one to Tier 6 for the discounts, all of my others are Tier 5 on everything but Gamma (though few are). I think I may send up my Discovery Character to Tier 6. That Character will be the one persuing this Reputation at first.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I have one to Tier 6 for the discounts, all of my others are Tier 5 on everything but Gamma (though few are). I think I may send up my Discovery Character to Tier 6. That Character will be the one persuing this Reputation at first.

you only need T6 if you want the alt weapon dmg type... yet not all reps get alt dmg like Nukara.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Interesting that the ground set is geared more towards unarmed melee. Looking forward to having something new to work on.
    Timing, Cryptic folks, timing...

Not only will this come after several weeks of successive grinds, but it also concerns PvE queues that have been there for months and people may have already grown tired of.

What is it gonna be next? Control reputation and to get the new marks, you need to play the Borg queues again and again after playing them hundreds of times already?

On the bright side, we have MORE options than we do for Gamma Rep, that has a grand total of... 1 STF and a wonky Battlezone that is a ghost town.

Personally... I kinda like Starbase One. Peril over Pahvo is also more enjoyable than its Lukari counterpart due to not having a chance to get really annoying enemy groups like Tzenkethi, Iconian, or Vaadwaur.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.