test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Episode Exp Rewards Incorrect *UPDATED*

borrisimoxxxborrisimoxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
ok, after a lot of testing trying to recreate this issue I have narrowed down the problem and you can see it in the attached image link (hopefully)

https://imgur.com/a/HkPaA1b

basically,the 1st mission of every episode; in the image you can see Echoes of Light and Storm Clouds Gather, on the left you will see the mission log showing the reward to be 10,880 and 13,287 experience points and on the bottom right of each image you will see the mission hand-in screen and you will see both missions now only give 2,008 experience points.

If I do the following second mission on any episode the exp returns to normal and I do get 10k-ish, strangely on Echoes of Light, you will see the mission should reward a MK X nausicaan Disruptor Beam array, but when I collect the reward, it gives me a MK II, so this issue definitely seems to be related to a scaling problem with the ability to start any episode without doing them in the old order and the 1st mission is stuck thinking that I am still level 15 or something.

Anyone else able to recreate this?

Post edited by borrisimoxxx on

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    I've never heard of, or experienced this myself.
    Are you able to provide screenshots showing the issue? It could help us see what exactly might be going wrong here...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • thegateexplorer#8515 thegateexplorer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Temporal Ambassador is a solo mission plain and simple.
  • borrisimoxxxborrisimoxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I was testing multiple missions to research this issue, your right its wasnt temporal ambassador i 2 manned but another, in process of making screenshots, will update shortly.
    *removed original text and updated.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Woah! That is very weird indeed.
    Unfortunately, I am at a loss to explain what the problem could be, but I will attempt to reproduce it on a brand new character and see if I can find the exact conditions that lead to the problem.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Now it's happening with missions that are not the 1st in the episode, where angels fear to tread, should give 11k, instead gives 1k aswell as mk2 and mk4 reward instead of mk11.

https://imgur.com/a/k8vDa79
    Ok, made some progress, the above mission/image..I decided not to accept the reward and drop the mission then retake it and do it again, this time the exp rewarded was correct and then i noticed the common theme in all the images of these missions, in the above image you will see I am level 53 and yet mission log shows quest as level 7...this appears to be the source of the trouble, somehow the mission log is not updating the mission level to match the level that I do it at.

This was my second Discovery character and I was giving the option to skip the introductory quest (become captain and take control of ship), this led to me coming to the starbase 2-3 levels earlier than expected (roughly level 8 i think) and as I arrived in the starbase i was flooded with every single episode which I accepted and then did them later at random levels out of order. It would seem that if we take these missions at such a low level and then do them at a higher level then the experience rewarded does not scale but is given out based on the level we took the mission eventhough the mission text updates to the scaled exp.

So, lesson to be learned, Do no accept any episode mission when you arrive at the starbase with a new character,instead only accept them when you are in the process of doing them and make sure you do them at the level you were issued them. Fingers crossed that by dropping all existing missions and retaking them, the problem will be resolved - although clearly a bit of a bug in the system :)