test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the deal with XP/Specialization Blocks in certain PVEs?

I have noticed that certain missions throw plenty of enemies at the PVE participants, but at certain stages, the XP/Specialization points are not awarded. Two examples:

Battle of the Binary Stars: Stage 1 Intro- Zero XP/Spec awarded; Stage 2 Escape Pods - Zero XP/Spec awarded; Stage 3 Cease-Fire Revenge: Points FINALLY awarded.

Swarm: Stage 1, Power Ships - points awarded; Stage 2, Restore Satellites - points awarded, Stage 3 - Refugee Evac. - No points awarded EXCEPT for Vecrid Hive Dreadnought.

I suspect this was done intentionally for some balancing purposes rather than this being a PS4 glitch. If this isn't a glitch, this is a very disappointing implementation. When players grind a Saturday Night for marks and encounter say, the Hive mission for the 4th or 5th go-round, what incentive is there (other than teamwork) to bother after the satellites come online?

I feel it throws players out of the immersion and it acts as a disincentive to fully play each stage (particularly when there isn't an optional fulfillment that affects marks during that stage)

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    It was not done intentionally. They are trying to make sure that all PvEs have XP/Specialization points awarded. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It was not done intentionally. They are trying to make sure that all PvEs have XP/Specialization points awarded. Thanks. :)

Thank you.

I noticed this happening on Gamma Quadrant Campaign missions as well and had a suspicion there was some reason for doing so. It is much less frustrating to find this is unintentional rather than planned.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Stuff that is spammable to where you can have an endless amount of enemies without completing the mission it is intended to not give XP/ship XP, but all other not giving XP is an oversight according to one of the recent livestreams.

Battle of the Binary Stars is already patched PC side to give XP now, IIRC.
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Unfortunately, I don't see a patchj happening anytime soon (of ever) on console. There seem to be some pretty old TFO titles relatively speaking that (still) suffer from this.