test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSA: Personal Endeavors, Health Health and Shields[Ground]

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
For many, I know these two tend to come off as a bit of a pain. I rerolled them at first. But have since found easier ways to complete them.

For Heal Health(Ground), the best, and easiest way to do this, is to hop on to an engineer character withe a medical generator and head off to Nukara. One there, put on your enviro-suit, hop the transporter to Point Charlie, drop a med gen next to acid pool, and take a bath, while staying within range of the med gen. This will complete the endeavor in short order.

As for heal shields. I tend to do this on Kobali, since they have those shield damaging polaron weapons. This can be done with either a engineer character with shield generator and/or a engineer bridge officer with shield generator. It might take a bit of time to get a good spot to get plenty of incoming damage, to speed this up. I usually find the tranches works well for this. The thing is, once you get the good spot, don't kill the vaaduar, let them beat on you, while you stand int eh shield gen. The acid pool trick my work for this as well. I just haven't gotten heal shield(ground) in a while to test it.
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Last time I got heal health I did just that on my engi character, and I also remove my shield so I take damage directly. But I generally just park in a spot where several Tholians would spawn pretty quickly. I didn't think about doing it in the acid pool, but that's a good idea.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I usually complete these without trying to, just from passive healing.

I don't bother playing enough for passive healing to work. So I find quick ways to get the endeavors done. So I can just log in, do my endeavors, and currently the event tfo, and then log out and go play something more entertaining, i.e more challenging, like solitaire.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Same here. I enjoy STO.

I'm currently running my Kling DR through his missions, as he's been neglected for awhile.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    actually all endeavors are done pretty fast, some are just faster than others.
    i guess the one with the most time you need would be 3 competitive queues because you need to promote binary circuit elite every time again and that coudl take a few minutes to start :)
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I usually complete these without trying to, just from passive healing.
    How are you doing that? None of the passive healing I tried counted for shield or health Endeavors. In fact I found passive healing made the Endeavors extremely difficult to get to the point where now I have to remove all passive healing otherwise I can be trying to get the endeavour for hours and fail.

Its a bit of a pain really as I build around passive healing both for ground and space so every time those Endeavors come up I have to strip off all my passives to make them doable. So if you found a way todo them with passives please share. It would save me a lot of messing around.
  • Options
    Yeah, best way is to pop a med generator and stand in it while your health reduces. I also do missions with ground parts as those contribute most to health reduction. Still, the suggestion of standing in the acid pools with a generator running is a very good idea.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, best way is to pop a med generator and stand in it while your health reduces. I also do missions with ground parts as those contribute most to health reduction. Still, the suggestion of standing in the acid pools with a generator running is a very good idea.
    Or just build a team of boffs with assorted heals and wander around Kobali and let the boffs do the healing for you
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Passive healing to me includes such things as Rally Cry or standing in a Med Generator field. Also heals from Boffs and the like.
    That's a different meaning to what I use but fair enough. The Med and Shield Generator do seem to be two of the best ways to do the endeavours. Most of the time I remove all my passive kit heals then fit those two gens to get the endeavour.
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Passive healing to me includes such things as Rally Cry or standing in a Med Generator field. Also heals from Boffs and the like.
    That's a different meaning to what I use but fair enough. The Med and Shield Generator do seem to be two of the best ways to do the endeavours. Most of the time I remove all my passive kit heals then fit those two gens to get the endeavour.
    Give a boff Medical Tricorder and run around Kobali :p the CD is so short they'll use it almost any time you get injured at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had Repair Shields Ground the other night as the Hard Endeavor. I believe it is 16k. I had to go to Nakura for another Endeavor. I ran around for nearly 20 minutes. Letting Ensigns and Lieutenants shoot at me until my Shields were just about down and popped a Large Shield Charge.

I went through 32 and had about 9k Healed. There were at least half a dozen times after I popped a Charge that the Endeavor marked no progress. Needless to say I had to leave it like that and call it quits for the night.

Discovery Tactical Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Anywhere that has some pretty unthreatening npc’s can be used for either task I find. Just go with a boff to drop med or shield gems and sit and take damage for a few mins.
    I tend to use Nimbus as it’s easy to get to and the low level enemies are no real threat to me.
    Failing that I head to the Voth BZ or even Kobali.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Best way I notice to do the shield/health heal was in Miner Instabilities Elite against those hyper buffed 23c romulans , just make sure you got enough health that they don't 1 shot you. they typically attack slow enough that you can health between attacks but hard enough that passive regeration shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I had Repair Shields Ground the other night as the Hard Endeavor. I believe it is 16k. I had to go to Nakura for another Endeavor. I ran around for nearly 20 minutes. Letting Ensigns and Lieutenants shoot at me until my Shields were just about down and popped a Large Shield Charge.

I went through 32 and had about 9k Healed. There were at least half a dozen times after I popped a Charge that the Endeavor marked no progress. Needless to say I had to leave it like that and call it quits for the night.

I generally dislike using tactical characters for the shield heal endeavor.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Tachyonic_Conversion
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Harmonized_Shields
    These kit modules are useful, but otherwise its probably best to use some weapons from the lukari reputation.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation:_Lukari_Restoration_Initiative#Ground_Gear

Or use this set https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Restoration_Initiative_Operative#Lukari_Piezo-Electric_Wrist_Apparatus which seems tailored for shield regeneration.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The ground shield healing is def the most annoying endo, because so many things just plain don't count for it for no apparent reason.

I'd say it may even be bugged.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

I generally dislike using tactical characters for the shield heal endeavor.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Tachyonic_Conversion
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Harmonized_Shields
    These kit modules are useful, but otherwise its probably best to use some weapons from the lukari reputation.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation:_Lukari_Restoration_Initiative#Ground_Gear

Or use this set https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Restoration_Initiative_Operative#Lukari_Piezo-Electric_Wrist_Apparatus which seems tailored for shield regeneration.
    warpangel wrote: »
    The ground shield healing is def the most annoying endo, because so many things just plain don't count for it for no apparent reason.

The shield healing, as I said, is pretty easy on Kobali. Their weapons soften shields, meaning they take more damage. I generally do my Shield Heal(Ground) there on a tactical character. I just take an engi boff with a shield gen, and find a nice spot in the trenches of City Outskirts for it.

It hasn't come up lately foe me to test it in the Nukara acid pools. I do remember that it stripped my shield, before it did health damage. So, again, the idea may or may not work.

The most annoying personal endeavor I've ran across is heal teammates health. I generally reroll this one, because it's a pointless endeavor to try.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    The most annoying personal endeavor I've ran across is heal teammates health. I generally reroll this one, because it's a pointless endeavor to try.
    That was a universal.

IIRC I used the lukari console to get that. The biggest problem with it is most queues too easy teammates don't need much healing.
  • Options
    That was a universal.

IIRC I used the lukari console to get that. The biggest problem with it is most queues too easy teammates don't need much healing.

That Universal I didn't complete. But I've also seen this as a personal endeavor. I tried the Lukari console, I think I made it to 213/3000 in 4 TFO's. So I just rerolled it. I even tried it on my carrier toon. Healing your hangar pets doesn't count for this.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

Listify it!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    That was a universal.

That Universal I didn't complete. But I've also seen this as a personal endeavor. I tried the Lukari console, I think I made it to 213/3000 in 4 TFO's. So I just rerolled it. I even tried it on my carrier toon. Healing your hangar pets doesn't count for this.
    That seems unlikely. 3,000 would be trivially easy to hit with pretty much any healing ability (even basic stuff like ET1, HE1 would heal >1000 per cast minimum), unless teammates are at 100% hull the whole time. The universal was for 50,000 and didn't take 4 queues to get.

Are you sure it wasn't for GROUND healing? 3,000 is the number for the green ground healing endo.

At least I haven't seen team heal as a personal at all, space or ground. And neither has the wiki it seems.
  • Options
    That was a universal.

That seems unlikely. 3,000 would be trivially easy to hit with pretty much any healing ability (even basic stuff like ET1, HE1 would heal >1000 per cast minimum), unless teammates are at 100% hull the whole time. The universal was for 50,000 and didn't take 4 queues to get.

Are you sure it wasn't for GROUND healing? 3,000 is the number for the green ground healing endo.

At least I haven't seen team heal as a personal at all, space or ground. And neither has the wiki it seems.

All I remember it was a heal teammates health. I didn't complete either, and rerolled the personal one. Which the overwhelming amount of self-healing, especially in clickable consoles. It's an Endeavor I'm not much going to try and complete any more. Because, it's literally not hard to stay near full health all the time.

And since the Universal is only worth 400 perk exp, it's not worth worrying about whether or not it gets completed. The only thing useful to me out of the endeavor boxes are the 1/4 spec points and mark packages. Then it's just a matter of which character I want to use them on, which I'm starting to get a back stock on these and need to decide on where to use them.

If you break it down, and know the fastest way to complete most endeavors, you can complete all 4 of them in about an hour. Which is good. That's an hour a day, where i don't have to think of a reason to go do something.

But that's my log in procedure.

Do I want to go do that episode? Nope, don't need the gear.

Do I want to go tool around a battlezone? Nope, don't need the marks.

Do I want to run TFO's? Again, no, I don't need the marks.

Which is why I constantly wish they'd add low chance special drops to the TFO's. I don't know about anyone else, but this would give me an incentive to actually play the TFO's outside of an endeavor.

For some of the Endeavors, I need to park some characters correctly for them. Like, Defeat Tzenkethi and Hur'q(Ground) ones. I need to park a couple characters at the right spot in some episodes for them. So when they come up, I can hop on that char, do them real fast, and move on with the rest of my day.

For the Defeat Tzenkethi(Ground), I've heard some use Mirrors and Smoke. I tend to use the one that ends with the hur'q attacking DS9, can't remember the name right off.

For Defeat Hur'q(Ground), Home is the best. Either on the ship, or the final part with the wave attack.

I need to park two character at these two points, just for these endeavors.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

Do I want to go do that episode? Nope, don't need the gear.

Do I want to go tool around a battlezone? Nope, don't need the marks.

Do I want to run TFO's? Again, no, I don't need the marks.

Which is why I constantly wish they'd add low chance special drops to the TFO's. I don't know about anyone else, but this would give me an incentive to actually play the TFO's outside of an endeavor.
    Me too. And overall add a bit of challenge here and there so the rewards would actually be good for something besides DPS chasing.

Guaranteed, choose-your-own rewards combined with the general Easy Mode invites indefinite procrastination. Because you could get the rewards anytime you want, it would just be a waste of inventory space to get them before you actually need them. And because the game is Easy, you never need them.

Which leaves limited event rewards. But even there it's kinda sad that "it's gonna go away in 3 weeks" is the only reason to get them.
    For some of the Endeavors, I need to park some characters correctly for them. Like, Defeat Tzenkethi and Hur'q(Ground) ones. I need to park a couple characters at the right spot in some episodes for them. So when they come up, I can hop on that char, do them real fast, and move on with the rest of my day.

For the Defeat Tzenkethi(Ground), I've heard some use Mirrors and Smoke. I tend to use the one that ends with the hur'q attacking DS9, can't remember the name right off.

For Defeat Hur'q(Ground), Home is the best. Either on the ship, or the final part with the wave attack.

I need to park two character at these two points, just for these endeavors.
    There is no need to park for episodes, since they come with free transwarps. You can have all relevant missions open on the same toon and just press button to jump there instantly whenever needed.

Only endos I generally switch toons for are the space damage types, because it's less hassle than switching builds.
  • Options
    Something has changed. I had the Heal health ground today and passive's counted which never worked before. I completed it without using any kits modules or active powers. Not tested shields. That is one nice change, no more changing my layout just to do the endeavour.
  • Options
    I was doing the heal health one yesterday on a sci and went to Nukara. I would pop a nanite health monitor and hop in the acid for a bit, repeat. Didn't take too long.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    I was doing the heal health one yesterday on a sci and went to Nukara. I would pop a nanite health monitor and hop in the acid for a bit, repeat. Didn't take too long.

Hmm.. this gives me an idea.

The next time Heal Teammate Health(Ground) pops up. I might see how quickly one can get it done by teaming up with a friend, and healing them as they stand in said acid pool.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    That just might work. Good luck.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    HP is faster on Kobali IMO. :p A team of boffs spamming heals will get it done pretty quick
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The acid pool trick my work for this as well. I just haven't gotten heal shield(ground) in a while to test it.

Got it and tested it, works well.

Good PSA! Thank you. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.