test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would it be possible for some old school consoles to get some love?

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
What I'm talking about in this case is some of the older consoles like the Assimilated Module and Hydrodynamics Compensator when upgraded their power settings boosts they give don't increase.

Where as with more modern consoles the power setting boosts also increase when upgraded.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cannibalchickencannibalchicken Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Would be nice (if for no other reason than consistency's sake), though I doubt it'd bring most of them up to par given they were replaced on most builds in no small part thanks to newer consoles offering better set bonuses.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    I love these "is it possible?" questions.

Um, no, it will never be "possible". The Universe prevents it.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »

Literalist snark is literalist.

In colloquial English, "would it be possible" is a polite way of asking for something. "Would it be possible to speak to Mr. Puffin?" is not asking whether physics permit such an activity, but rather whether that person is willing to speak.

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »

I know what can be done, I try to bring some spotlight to them....it would be nice but if no one talks about them why would the devs even bother thinking about them :p
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    "Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door." - Unknown​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > "Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door." - Unknown​​

Lol, thats a good one.

Thank you for the laugh :D
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    "Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door." - Unknown​​
    I promise you, on YouTube...someone did...someone has.
    Heheh…. it can totally be done. :D revolving doors have latches and locks. You just engage the lock while it's spinning. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2019
    and if you put any kind of obstruction in the way of a revolving door, it's no longer a REVOLVING door, is it?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    and if you put any kind of obstruction in the way of a revolving door, it's no longer a REVOLVING door, is it?​​
    That definition defeats the purpose of using that phrase, since you're now talking specifically about a moving object and not a specific type of door.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    okay, try counting to infinity, then - another impossible thing

or nailing jelly to a tree, or chewing water or lighting water on fire or drinking the wind or clapping while doing a handstand...do i need to go on? there are many things that are impossible, you TRIBBLE pedants!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    You know... people can SOOOO troll you shadow with creative ways around that. For example... Ice is a form of water that can be chewed, do you have to clap with your hands or can feet count, and does the Jelly need to be loose or can I just put it in a bag and nail the bag to a tree...

Anyways... back on topic?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    ice is ice - water is water; just because one can become the other doesn't mean you can chew one

the phrase specifically mentions hands, so no - feet don't count

and obviously the jelly needs to be loose because then it's no longer just jelly - it's a container of jelly​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Ok, wow. Stop trolling each other and get back on topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ddwarhorse#2097 ddwarhorse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Unfortunately, its just an example of the "power creep" narrative which Cryptic have been doing for the last decade. They simply are not good enough developers to know how to make something desirable without "selling power".
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    i was thinking an even older console like the plasma defense turret. i mean it has no use in the game any more with everything else on the market. That console could do with some TLC.

thinking along the lines of a slightly faster firing turret, remains automated and it prioritizes destructable torps and mines over fighters and fighters over anything else. it has built in advantages of +27.5% ship weapon damage, regardless of the type: plasma, phaser, disruptor... torpedo and mines, in addition it adds a minor crit severity/crit rating (10%/1%). this way it can be seen as an option.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And make it Upgradable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    And here I thought OP wanted a Gamecube port of STO 😂
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »

That was my though on reading the title. An STO port for OP's Sega Megadrive.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

I specifically didn't go further back since the GC is the last console I'd say could reasonably render something coming close to a 3D environment. But if Cryptic really wanted to immortalize themselves, they could of course go for a SNES VFX port. Imagine playing STO like this. Needless to say that this game lagged like hell pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »

I specifically didn't go further back since the GC is the last console I'd say could reasonably render something coming close to a 3D environment. But if Cryptic really wanted to immortalize themselves, they could of course go for a SNES VFX port. Imagine playing STO like this. Needless to say that this game lagged like hell pig-2.gif

Go all out. VHS version to play on a black and white CRT TV set.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.