test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cluster in more ways than one...

pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
So understandably STO sometimes has a grouping of maps you can enter off the galaxy map. The perfect example is Bajor, Ds9 and the wormhole. 3 maps so close together it's hard to click on them using the map. And really that's not broken, or anything to complain about. But I do have a suggestion.

Why not borrow an idea from Android OS. I've seen lots of uses of 'folders' that expand to display multiple icons for apps you can click on.
Maybe the STO map could continue to appear as it does on the map currently, until you click on it, when it could expand those 3 locations in a sort of menu, or could zoom in super close to give greater distance between the three.

Maybe a tweak worth thinking about when you're not making way more awesome things like t6 ship tfo promotions (cause that's way cooler than the menu thing right now anyway)

But if someone gets bored and has the time it could be a cool little map feature one day maybe?

A visual example of what I think would be cool about this already exists from generations.

Check out how the map zooms in and expands to reveal tighter systems you wouldn't have otherwise seen on the map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymn8elCvkM&feature=youtu.be&t=136

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    @pino31 Your thread was moved to the Feedback Subforum. Please do not spam the forum with multiple threads on the same topic. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.