test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Age of Re-skinned TFs...

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
First we got Peril Over Pahvo, a re-skinned version of Dranuur Gauntlet (though it was arguably less irritating than the original). Next, we're getting Riposte, which sounds suspiciously like Gateway To Gre'thor. Is boring people away from the game REALLY your aim, here? Doing the same TFs ad nauseum was already a problem, here. Compounding it like this is not an improvement.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    You were not the the only one who thought that but according to ambassadorkael it really is a brand new TFO and not a reskin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/bdvmsp/execute_operation_riposte/
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    We'll see soon enough, obviously. Cryptic's track record does not inspire confidence.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    We'll have to wait and see but I do think it has been quite a long time since we've seen a good queue added to the game. Other than Defense of Starbase One, that is a really fun one.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Yup, when I saw 'defend troop transports' my first thought was Grethor reskin. But he says its new. I would ask what percentage of newness?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The mission flow as described does sound extremely similar. It may not be completely identical (klingorcs not having iconian gateways it couldn't realistically be identical even if they wanted to), but I'm not convinced its all new just yet either. We'll see when it's released.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    We'll have to wait and see but I do think it has been quite a long time since we've seen a good queue added to the game. Other than Defense of Starbase One, that is a really fun one.

I personally liked as a ground queue Pahvo Dissension, and for space, Battle of the Binary Stars.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It is likely not being a reskinned mission of Gateway to Grethor, since the Klingons don't really have anything that reminds me of Iconian Radiation Gateways. (Ships appearing out of nowhere is just cloak or warp, you don't need gateways for that).
    Unless there are suspicious "Ion Storm" patches that apppear in the flight path of the ships and you need to counter them. (With 23rd century tech?)

However, if it's a "historical mission", it will be a reskinning TFO, e.g. you'll get a Age of Discovery ship skin applied and don't get to see your own space barbie.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,244 Community Moderator
    Given that the OP's re-skin assumption is false... /Thread

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.