test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hide Third Nacelle - Galaxy Dreadnaught

I wish I had the option to hide or otherwise remove the third nacelle on the galaxy dreadnought in the menu. Thoughts?

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Just fly the normal Galaxy.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    Just fly the normal Galaxy.​​

Agreed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Spinal Lance would like a word with you. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    This^

The Galaxy and Galaxy X in no way have the same setup as each other, people who want more tactical ability will naturally want the X over the original Galaxy.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    If you want a ship that looks like the Galaxy then fly the Galaxy. If you want a ship that looks like the Galaxy X then fly the Galaxy X.
    Removing the lance or third nacelle removes what makes it a Galaxy X. Plus the X has hardpoints built onto them So you can't remove them in the same way we can't fully remove the rollbar from the Miranda to make the Lantree.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    avoozuul wrote: »
    This^

The Galaxy and Galaxy X in no way have the same setup as each other, people who want more tactical ability will naturally want the X over the original Galaxy.

Actually, they have the exact same setup save for one console.

The T6 Yamato and the T6 Galaxy (Andromeda) have the exact same bridge officer layout. The only difference between the two ships is the Yamato has one more Tactical Console while the Andromeda has 1 more Engineering Console. They have the same hull, same shield, same turn, same impulse modifier.. they're identical ships.

The Yamato gets the bonus lance and a hangar bay that the Galaxy does not have.

This is the exact reason why you can't hide the 3rd nacelle on the Yamato. If you want to fly a 2 nacelle variation of the Galaxy Class then they want you to buy the Andromeda. If they let you use the 2 nacelle designs on the Yamato, the Andromeda would be completely obsolete since the Yamato is just a superior version of the Andromeda.

The 2 nacelle skin is the only reason there is to buy the Andromeda.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    The Quantum phase space sets will give, what I feel, is a better weapon than the phaser lance, a sorta 'super beam' that lasts FAR longer. Put that on the regular Galaxy, yo! :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This^

The T6 Yamato and the T6 Galaxy (Andromeda) have the exact same bridge officer layout. The only difference between the two ships is the Yamato has one more Tactical Console while the Andromeda has 1 more Engineering Console. They have the same hull, same shield, same turn, same impulse modifier.. they're identical ships.

This is the exact reason why you can't hide the 3rd nacelle on the Yamato. If you want to fly a 2 nacelle variation of the Galaxy Class then they want you to buy the Andromeda. If they let you use the 2 nacelle designs on the Yamato, the Andromeda would be completely obsolete since the Yamato is just a superior version of the Andromeda.

They could let players hide the third nacelle, after buying both of them.
    warpangel wrote: »
    This^

They could let players hide the third nacelle, after buying both of them.

That would be a nice compromise indeed.
  • nursingninja#8818 nursingninja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the idea of if you buy both you can hide the nacelle. I don't mind paying the money I just want it to look how I want it to look.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    This^

Yes but the extra tactical slot is still more favorable to people who want to get the most out of it for tactical purposes, that's what I mean by more tactical ability.

Well the New Orleans has three pods which is supposed to be for the trinity arrays yet you can use that console on all other ships regardless of them not having the pods.

edited April 2019
    Well the New Orleans has three pods which is supposed to be for the trinity arrays yet you can use that console on all other ships regardless of them not having the pods.

The New Orleans has 2 Nacelles not 3.

It has 2 'Mission Pods' which are not Nacelles.

The New Orleans Console is a 'Trinary Array,' because it launches 3 Cylinders.

It has nothing to do with any 3 Nacelle design which is why it's usable on any ship.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    I wish I had the option to hide or otherwise remove the third nacelle on the galaxy dreadnought in the menu. Thoughts?
    I would love to have that option tbh.
    That third nacelle has been a source of annoyance to me for years!
    Yeah i know i can fly the regular glalxy, but it doesn't have a hangar, nor a phaser lance or access to the Starfleet Maneuvering Protocol Set.

It would also just be an option, everyone who loves their third nacelles would be completely unaffected by this anyways.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)