test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Freezes on Cryptic screen.

About 3 months ago, STO stopped loading past the Cryptic screen. I've been trying to fix it off and on since then, but I'm running out of ideas on what to try. I tried just letting it sit for an extended period, but it eventually just closes. As far as I can tell, it reaches a certain point and hard-freezes. To the point where Windows instantly recognizes it's not responsive and the Cryptic crash reporter has no chance to trigger.
  • Updating drivers.
  • Disabling mouse and keyboard software. (Logitech mouse, Glorious Gaming keyboard).
  • Disabling Malewarebytes and my firewall.
  • Disabling Shadowplay.
  • Launching directly without Steam.
  • Deleting and reinstalling.
  • Deleting the Steam one and running through Arc.
  • Running as administrator.
  • Launching in Safe Mode.
  • Launching with force verify.
  • Launching with safe mode and force verify.
  • Letting it sit on the frozen screen for an extended time. It eventually just shuts off.
  • Tried re-adding the d3dcompiler_47.dll to the Live folder, rather than just the x64 and x86 ones.

I went into the Windows Event Viewer and looked at the logs it created, it just says the application hangs, doesn't give any insight as to what it got stuck on.

System specs:
  • Windows 10 professional, fully updated
  • i7-8700k @ 5.0Ghz
  • GTX-1080ti (latest drivers, 419.67)
  • 32GB Ram
  • 3440x1440 monitor @ 100hz
  • GMMK keyboard
  • Logitech G602
  • Creative X7 USB
  • Wired ethernet connection

STO has worked before just fine on this system in it's current configuration.
Nyerti "Gadget" Val-Doran. Vice Admiral.
U.S.S Spellbound, Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer. NCC-92008.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Have you launched with force verify, turned on-demand patching off, and then done the patching? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • onleinionleini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Do you by any chance use the MSI Afterburner? If so, turn it off. Fixed that problem for me. Maybe the Devs can look into this problem.