test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can the Caitians get their own uniform?

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
I really think it would be great if they could get their own uniform, most other Fed species already have unique uniforms available and I think it's about time the Caitians got one too. The Ferasans could also get their own uniform.
Post edited by avoozuul on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I would love to see this, but sadly there is nothing in canon (that I know of anyway) to show us what they wear.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I would love to see this, but sadly there is nothing in canon (that I know of anyway) to show us what they wear.​​

Well, canon was pretty explicit about space not being green around K-7, so I don't see why the Devs couldn't design Catian and Ferasan uniforms if they so choose.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Why does it have to be in canon though? It's only logical that each race would've had their own uniforms before joining the Federation, also I am sure that things only mentioned in canon but never shown were invented for this game before, this game technically is a non-canon extension to Star Trek which is based well after Nemesis.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've not run a Caitian captain in a long while, but sure I would enjoy seeing this race receive their own unique costume options. Honestly why Cryptic hasn't already done this for most races to increase such tiny bits of revenue seems strange? Money does add up eventually!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I'd just like it if we got M'Ress hair.... :'(
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I really think it would be great if they could get their own uniform, most other Fed species already have unique uniforms available and I think it's about time the Caitians got one too. The Ferasans could also get their own uniform.

Would be awesome... and even better if this would be one of the rewards we could get in a Caitian/Ferasan focused story arc!!! *^_^*
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I would love to see this, but sadly there is nothing in canon (that I know of anyway) to show us what they wear.

Well, canon was pretty explicit about space not being green around K-7, so I don't see why the Devs couldn't design Catian and Ferasan uniforms if they so choose.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I would love to see this, but sadly there is nothing in canon (that I know of anyway) to show us what they wear.
    Why does it have to be in canon though? It's only logical that each race would've had their own uniforms before joining the Federation, also I am sure that things only mentioned in canon but never shown were invented for this game before, this game technically is a non-canon extension to Star Trek which is based well after Nemesis.

The only reason I brought canon up is that the OP brought up the other races having their uniforms, but those are from canon sources. I honestly would love to see some of the creative juices flow.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Andorians and Vulcans were shown with canon uniforms on screen, yet we still don't have them. It seems doubtful that we'd get Caitian/Ferasan uniforms without canon references, though I'd also love to have some.
    But there are plenty of costumes already in-game that one could cobble something together with. I'd be interested to see some new badges maybe to represent different worlds though, in lieu of actual costumes/uniforms.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Honestly I'd be happy with hair and maybe a pair of boots/wraps to fit the digigrade leg style.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I honestly don't know enough about the cat races outside of STO, so my only guess as to why they wouldn't have their own costumes is that maybe there isn't much said or known about their pre-Fed and pre-Empire independent space forces?
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Andorians and Vulcans were shown with canon uniforms on screen, yet we still don't have them. It seems doubtful that we'd get Caitian/Ferasan uniforms without canon references, though I'd also love to have some.
    > But there are plenty of costumes already in-game that one could cobble something together with. I'd be interested to see some new badges maybe to represent different worlds though, in lieu of actual costumes/uniforms.

We're missing some of them, but there's still a fair selection of their outfits: 23C Andorian, 23C Vulcan Ambassador, and T'Pol's outfit to name a few. It's not literally every piece of clothing a Vulcan or Andorian has worn in all of history, but it's still a neat selection.

There's also 23C Tellarite, Bajoran uniforms, the Cardassians and Remans come with costumes specially unlocked, etc. There's a precedent for both canon and new uniforms from allied/member species all over to be introduced.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I'd just like it if we got M'Ress hair.... :'(

I'd like it if we got a better selection of hairstyles in general for the Caitians and Ferasans.
    @disqord#9557 Yes, we have some costumes for those races, but I was referring specifically to uniforms. Mostly those uniforms were seen in ENT for Andorians, Vulcans, even Tellarites.
    GrWzQke.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Btw didn't we technically see feresan uniforms in TAS (as in ferasans are kzinthi with another name for copyright reasons) that said I'm not sure that many players would be intrested in baby pink 60s "scifi suits" for the ferasan uniform.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, they would need a variation to existing Uniforms. The need a hole in the rear to let the tail out. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Btw didn't we technically see feresan uniforms in TAS (as in ferasans are kzinthi with another name for copyright reasons) that said I'm not sure that many players would be intrested in baby pink 60s "scifi suits" for the ferasan uniform.

the only reason it was pink is because the guy in charge of drawing the kzinti and all their related shirt was partially color-blind...all cryptic would need to do (after getting permission from larry niven to even include the uniform if it belongs to him - unless the uniform was designed for them by the TAS crew, in which case cryptic just needs to negotiate with CBS for it) is find out what color the pink parts were SUPPOSED to be and build off that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think it was supposed to be grey, same with the Klingon uniforms. But I can't give a source on that, I just think I read that at some point, might be mistaken.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    My Ferasans wear pink and purple. :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > My Ferasans wear pink and purple. :mrgreen:

Does the colour pallete go there? I think most of my KDF chars only can choose between dark red, brown and grey 😂
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Depends on the costume, @angrytarg
    GrWzQke.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Kzinti are covered in fur, generally in some orange/black semi-striped pattern. They have no nudity taboo; the kzin uniform in the Man-Kzin Wars stories seems to consist of leather harnesses, straps, and pouches for carrying gear and holding rank insignia. (A kzin pressure suit, as described in Ringworld, seems to look pretty much like a collection of spherical inflated sections, with metallic joins and a thick metal collar carrying all the necessary electronics.)

Kzin skeletal structure also differs from the human standard. For instance, while kzinti do routinely walk erect like humans (or kdatlyno, or pre-sessile grogs - four limbs are a common pattern in Known Space), they're also capable of dropping to all fours and running at great speed. Also, the "ribs" aren't a set of separate bands like ours, but more of a lattice-like structure, more protective of internal organs. (When the mad puppeteer Nessus used its hind foot to kick the kzin Chuft-Captain in "The Soft Weapon", it tore a small hole in his suit and fractured three segments of the rib-lattice. A couple of centuries later on the Ring, Louis Wu witnessed Nessus kicking a human's heart out through his spine with the same move.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.